The Contract

The Contract

A Story by WriterBytes
"

Prompt: "I'll deal with you later."

"

“Pay attention to me.”

“Later.”

“No, now!”

He wraps her arms around her shoulders. He can see her scrolling through her social media page. She brushes him away. He can see the twitches in her eyes and the frown on her face. He sighs and lies down on the bed, he is facing upside down and his shirt slides down displaying his stomach as clear as day. The girl doesn’t notice his bare skin, as her eyes are glued to the screen.

“You pay attention to random guys on the internet, but not me.” He whines.

“Stop your whining.”

She closes her social media page and opens a word document. She starts typing, her eyes tracking the letters appearing on the screen. He huffs and a small pout appears on his face. He stares at the ceiling.

“What are you doing?”

The typing gets louder. She grits her teeth in frustration.

“Why can’t you leave me alone?”

A smile crawls onto his face. He gets up from his bed and leans into her ear. She can feel the heat of his breath. Her heart starts to race, she takes a gulp of air and types louder. She avoids his gaze on the computer screen. She tries to look uninterested and focused on her work.

“Because I want you.”

His whisper is like honey. It is sweet and it is silky making its way through her ear to her heart. She can feel the heat on her cheeks. Her heart screaming, but her mind is cool and levelled.  

“I bet you said that line to all your countless victims.”

“Don’t be mean.” He teases.

She takes a deep breath and continues typing.

“You still haven’t answered my question. What are you doing?”

“Homework.”

He huffs.

“Is homework more important than me?”

“When were you ever important to me?”

He can feel his heart breaks into a million pieces. Yet, he feels adrenaline pumping and chills down his spines. His heart is racing by her cruel words and cold expression. A mischievous smile forms on his lips.

“My angel, that fell from heaven. If you are not good enough there, how about you join me in hell?”

“I’m not joining you, demon,” she replies coldly.

He pulls the chair away from the computer. He turns the chair around to make her face him. Their eyes meet, his eyes are full of passion and mischief. They stare intensely at her. She maintains a neutral bored expression. Her heart is beating fast. He leans closer, but she pushes the chair away and turns her back towards him. He stumbles on is feet, barely catches his footing. The clacking of the keyboard bounces in the silent room. He sighs and settles on the bed again.

“Why are you so mean to me?”

The typing stops and she sighs. She turns her chair to face him.

“It seems I can’t deal with you later.”

His eyes widen and his expression lights up.

“I’ll just have to break the contract.”

She grips the ring at the end of her necklace.

His mouth opens ajar and his smile turns upside down.

“What do you mean?” He questions, knowing her full intent.

“I mean what I said. I’m breaking the contract.”

“Why?!”

“It is for our own good.” She replies seriously.

She grips the ring harder.

“But, I love you. I love all the times we spent together. I love all the times I tease you and you just straight up reject me. I love your logical, rational thinking. Your cool voice. I love your shyness and awkwardness.”

“This is why we have to break the contract, demon. You are too attached to me.”

“Is this what you want?” He asks.

His eyes staring at her. Looking at her for an answer. She stares back, seriously, expressionless.

“It doesn’t matter what I want. You are a demon and I am a human. This relationship shouldn’t have happened. We shouldn’t even say we are friends.”

His eyes widen. There is a lingering silence.

“You’ve never called me a friend before.” He whispers.

Her eyes widen, as the realisation hits her.

“You idiot.”

She gets up from her chair and lunges towards him. She wraps her arms around him. He can feel her icy cold breath on his cheeks.

“If we weren’t friends. I would have broken the contract long ago.” She whispers.

He wants to hear more of her warm words. He wants her to be more honest with her feelings. Yet, he feels hungry and his rational thinking is thrown out the window by instinct. He pulls her close and pins her onto the bed. His eyes are empty and glazed. He leans closer. Her pupils dilate, her breath is shaky and heart is beating fast. Horns start to emerge onto his forehead. His nails are turning to claws. A tail rips through his jeans. She can see his fangs at all of its full glory. She kicks him away and rolls off the bed. She quickly stands up and tries to get as far away from him as possible.  

“I’m such an idiot.” She whispers to herself.

He stands up, he slowly turns his head towards her.

“That was mean. I thought we were friends, maybe more?”

His voice doesn’t have the same playful charm. It doesn’t have that gentle soft tone. It has malice and it is sharp like a knife.

“Fight it!” She yells.

The demon lunges towards her, but she barely dodges it. She tries to open the door, but it barely budges. He stands up.

“It locks my little lamb.”

Her eyes dart around the room.

“I know you can fight it.”

Her voice has a hint of desperation and panic.

“What are you talking about?” He says mischievously.

“This is not the demon, I spent three years with. You are not him. Every time you tease me it makes my heart skip a beat. Even though I act coldly towards you, you are always there by my side. You make me come out of my shell. My mum was right about passing the contract to me. I had the most fun in my life.”

She takes the necklace off.

“You are not Andras that I know, you are just a demon overtaken by his desires.”

The demon’s eyes widen. He quickly approaches her.

“Don’t do it.”

She smiles. She takes the ring off the chains.

“Dnuob regnol on eb sluos ruo tel dna tcartnoc eht kaerb. Teef ym woleb mlaer eht ot sardnA ,nomed siht nruter.”

The ring starts to glow, the ring that the demon is wearing starts to glow a ruby red colour. The moment she mutters the last word. The ring rises from her hand, into the air and starts to suck the demon in. He tries to fight the strong pull. He is on the floor, clawing the wooden chunks away. The books on her shelf start to follow the flow of the pull. Her bed sheets start to dance. All she could do is watch the demon being suck into the ring. The pull gets stronger and she starts being suck into the ring. She tightly grabs onto the door handle. The demon lost his grip and he is flying into the wind. He struggles in the air. When their eyes meet. She gives him a sad smile.

“I’m sorry Andras. This is for our own good.”

The demon gives her a smile.

“I understand. May we meet again, Lilith.”

The demon vanishes into the ring. The gravity takes control and she lands on the wooden floor. She lets go of the door handles and drops onto the floor. The ring drops onto her hand. She looks at it for a second. The silver ring has “Lilith.” engraved on it. The ring breaks into two and she holds the pieces close to her.

“Goodbye Andras, goodbye mum.” She whispers.



© 2019 WriterBytes


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sdg
Very intriguing . Part 2 perhaps?

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 4, 2019
Last Updated on March 4, 2019
Tags: short story, supernatural, relationship

Author

WriterBytes
WriterBytes

Perth , Australia



About
I write short stories from random prompts. more..

Writing
Contact Contact

A Story by WriterBytes