Dream World #1: Welcome to your [new] life, part 1

Dream World #1: Welcome to your [new] life, part 1

A Story by Mike Schmornoff
"

Azriel, a 17-year-old Florida boy, has died and discovers something shocking in the afrterlife.

"
Azriel was dead, and there he stood before a gleaming gold and white grand doorway. What lay beyond that doorway, he didn't know. "go ahead," a male voice said in a calming tone, "open it.". Giving only a few seconds of hesitation, Azriel laid his hand on the knob and opened it. The door creaked open and he passed through, trying to show no fear. A long passageway stretched before the young male, the end of said passageway marked with a bright light. As he strolled down the path marked with dim candles, the voice from earlier rejoined him in order to instruct the deceased soul on the world he was heading into. "You're heading into the dream world," the voice echoed, "a vivid place where all deceased souls come to rest and live in the sanctity of all they had dreamed of. They are currently awaiting the dream master. Only he can tell them who they were in their past lives, because you see, the only memories they have of their past lives depict the people that were there.". "I feel," Azriel said, looking up, "as if I have a strong connection with the dream master. perhaps one of my relatives is the dream master.". Being the wiser out of the two, the voice simply replied "Only time will tell why you feel so connected to him.". Right then and there, Azriel stood before the light. The disembodied series of vocal patterns that had previously accompanied the soul of this fine young Florida dweller was fading in his ability to be heard. "Goodbye," were his last words, "and remember this rule: Anything goes." Azriel walked into the light puzzled by that it meant. I don't get it, Azriel told himself, He never told me what "Anything Goes" means. I guess i'll just have to figure it out, or ask somebody what it means. There's somebody, I'll ask him. Young Azriel had spotted a wise man. He was rather old and had a long beard. His fit form and long gray beard made him look more like Dumbledore or Gandalf than any man of his age. Azriel ran shouting for the old man, waving as he did, making a scene in front of what little people there were in the quaint town square. it sounded something like this: "HEY! HEY! SIR, HELLO! YOO-HOO! SIR, I NEED TO ASK YOU A QUESTION! A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION! STAY THERE FOR ME, OKAY?!". Amused, the wise man gently laughed and silently waved back. Reaching the old man, Azriel calmed down and asked in a civilized manner, "Hello, sir, I am new here and am wondering what anything goes means. could you please tell me?"   The wise man asked "What is your full name, boy?". "Azriel McGraw," Azriel promptly replied, and the wise man bowed before Azriel. Something miraculous happened: the wise man opened his eyes, lifted his head to the heavens, and shouted "PEOPLE OF THE DREAM WORLD, TODAY, THE DREAM MASTER STANDS BEFORE US! THIS MARVELOUS MAN, HE IS AZRIEL MCGRAW AND HE WILL TELL US ALL WHO WE ARE!". A maid, a woman in a blue futuristic suit, and an African American woman in a business attire bowed before him as the wise man had done. "Welcome home," they said in unison, "O dream master.".  He laughed and said, "alright, one at a time. single file. tell me who you are.". First was the wise man. "greetings, I am window man of the window people. We are a race of men and women who are ready to join in a fight if the fight is too strong.".    

© 2016 Mike Schmornoff


Author's Note

Mike Schmornoff
what will happen next? how will Azriel take this all in? find out in part 2!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on January 28, 2016
Last Updated on February 1, 2016
Tags: afterlife

Author

Mike Schmornoff
Mike Schmornoff

IL



About
I have a fanfiction, an action series, a fantasy series, a realistic fiction series, and many many more. all around, i'm just a great amateur author at only 16 and would like to start my literary car.. more..

Writing