Uncertainty

Uncertainty

A Story by Vanessa van Gersie
"

well I just started this story today. I don't know where it's going but it's very interesting so please read it.

"
           In the busy streets of Milan where hopes were nearly a frivolity and only those patterned to the ridiculous system survived  I found myself once again. It'd been years since i came here but fate had brought me back. I walked through a long alleyway in search of someone i had no  evidence still existed...someone I met two years ago.
        My patent leather shoes soaked the remnant drops of rain that had engulfed the floor as i hurried up then hopped then broke into a run. Memories of him filled my mind but why I was running I had no idea. The alley disappeared behind me as the trees made their presence felt with their constant whistling but I couldn't stop running it was as if I was being pushed by a mystical force.Running a long distance,the constraints of my heart could no longer with hold it's pounding pulse as I fell to the floor.
       The noise of the once busy street faded gradually away i could no longer feel the wet paved ground as my tanned skin embraced the cement in unison with my  long dark hair. There was silence.
       "LUCIA!LUCIA! I heard my name being called from  a distance who could know my name in this part of the world...I wondered. Was it him? bullets of sun light pierced my eyes as i tried to open my eyelids. The once open air smelt of incense i knew this smell way too well i was in a fortune teller's trailer.
         "How did I get here and who told you my name ?" I queried the fortuneteller who sat at a table of cards. "the spirits brought you here"she replied all-knowingly but I didn't believe her to some extent i'm sure fate didn't lift me up into her abode. I moved to join her across the room where she sat at her table. "You seek to know your fortune" she said in a surprisingly Spanish influenced accent. "Yes everyone does....what's your name" I asked with the hope of continuing the conversation.
       After a long period of silence she replied "but you don't believe in the spirits ha ha ha" a rusty laughter escaped her throat and echoed the room all of a sudden. Her laughter stopped as suddenly as it began then she continued "Risa my name is Risa...it means laughter "
      "Why did you laugh like that?" i asked as she grabbed my hands and placed a deck of cards  and a crystal ball in front  of me . " hmm the person you seek is in a  different world from yours he has another family  so, let go." Just then an enraging roar filled the room, the table shook violently and the crystal ball emitted daunting images across my face.At that very moment he appeared... Mario appeared. He looked better than i remembered him way taller and his eye a darker shade of brown but I just couldn't believe it.
        He moved closer to me his hands as rigid as they used to be but they no longer held me with joy rather, with bitterness.  He whispered something i couldn't catch then let out that enraging roar that filled the room some minutes before, as his very cold breath lingered onto my neck and i fell from his grip this time into Risa's arms.

© 2014 Vanessa van Gersie


Author's Note

Vanessa van Gersie
i tried to focus more on introducing the characters but i hope to capture the essence of the city in the next chapter.sorry about the font though its so writer's cafe-ish lol please read and review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hi Vanessa! Just finished reading through. There is truly a deep story in the writing. I like the structure and overall execution of dramatic storytelling. It is great the way you involve the reader by including us in this search which we find completely curious. Who is this man? Will you (or we) ever get to meet him? These are questions that keep ringing in our heads from the start, and in a way they do build on our sense of curiosity as well as the feeling of tension – which altogether rise upon allowing the words of the fortune-teller to digest – with her tone promoting the pessimistic idea of eternal separation which, apparently, contradicts your desire/quest. Faith is indeed ‘uncertain’

Awesome idea, really.

Thanks for sharing.

W.H.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vanessa van Gersie

9 Years Ago

You seem to have an in depth knowledge regarding everything I write and a somewhat better perception.. read more
Wall Hermitt

9 Years Ago

You're welcome.



Reviews

Hi Vanessa! Just finished reading through. There is truly a deep story in the writing. I like the structure and overall execution of dramatic storytelling. It is great the way you involve the reader by including us in this search which we find completely curious. Who is this man? Will you (or we) ever get to meet him? These are questions that keep ringing in our heads from the start, and in a way they do build on our sense of curiosity as well as the feeling of tension – which altogether rise upon allowing the words of the fortune-teller to digest – with her tone promoting the pessimistic idea of eternal separation which, apparently, contradicts your desire/quest. Faith is indeed ‘uncertain’

Awesome idea, really.

Thanks for sharing.

W.H.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vanessa van Gersie

9 Years Ago

You seem to have an in depth knowledge regarding everything I write and a somewhat better perception.. read more
Wall Hermitt

9 Years Ago

You're welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 31, 2014
Last Updated on May 31, 2014
Tags: Milan

Author

Vanessa van Gersie
Vanessa van Gersie

About
I am an idealist at heart and a pathetic fanatic of feminism. I hail from a multicultural background and may be of dutch descent. I am ball-a-phobic and love to travel but I have a burnt passport so a.. more..

Writing