Isaac's story

Isaac's story

A Story by The Traveling God
"

2 connected short stories put together.

"
Young Isaac.
Young Isaac found himself on the old swing set of his school's playground. The old chains creaking back and forth with each sway, almost loud enough to drown out the stirring whispers in the forest behind.

Still pondering why his mother would be so late to get him. Little Isaac made a decision, 'Maybe she got lost trying to find me?' he thought to himself whilst entering the woods.

Less than a minute would pass when he would find a clearing. A place void of vegetation but teeming with so much wonder. Colourful lights danced throughout the sky, tents all around, with so many people, and in the centre of it all stood what looked to be his mother.

Isaac thought she looked awfully busy, surrounded by so many people, all holding such wonderful colours. The lights in the sky, now atop small sticks in their grasps. She stood atop a strange platform, a tower of wood looming behind her.

Moments later, Isaac felt a little smack on the back of his head, and something would fall in front of him. Before he could see what it was, he felt a gaunt hand touch his shoulder. Turning around, he would see a tall figure cloaked in black. 'IT IS NOT SAFE HERE FOR YOU, LITTLE ONE; YOUR MOTHER WILL JOIN US SHORTLY. NOW FOLLOW ME SO WE MAY FIND A SAFE PLACE TO WAIT.'


Mr. Eper.
Setting his oar down gently, the cloaked figure, now known to Isaac and his mother as "Mr. Eper," gestured to the shore with a gloved hand. 'UPON CROSSING THE HORIZON, YOU WILL NO LONGER BE WITHIN MY CARE, FAREWELL.'

"You seem tired Mr., could I help you for a bit, just a little while?" Isaac pleaded. 'MAYBE SOMEDAY, BUT YOU ARE FAR TOO YOUNG AT THIS MOMENT. YOU MUST STAY WITH YOUR MOTHER UNTIL YOU LEARN WHAT... NOT YET. SOMEDAY, BUT NOT YET.' Mr. Eper then picks up Isaac, setting him down on the docks. 'NOW GO. GO FIND WHERE YOU MUST BE.'

Isaac then turns away, excited for the someday Mr. Eper mentioned. Walking off the docks onto the black sands of the riverside and into the fog. Where Isaac saw his father, he looked to be smiling, but a deep sorrow lingered within his eyes.

© 2024 The Traveling God


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on February 29, 2024
Last Updated on February 29, 2024
Tags: Fantasy, Dark Fantasy, Fiction, Bittersweet

Author

The Traveling God
The Traveling God

South Africa



About
uhhhhh. more..