Pink

Pink

A Story by The Uncommon Muse
"

Article written extolling the virtues of the color pink to a bunch of vampires who were snobbish and feel the only color to be worn by a vampire is black

"

Pink…why does the mere utterance of this word cause most men, and some women, to cringe in abject horror?  Why do grown men writhe like they are covered in fire ants if it is even suggested that a piece of clothing in the color pink might be worn?

 

What is wrong I ask, with the color pink?  Oh don’t give me that rigamarole about how pink is not an appropriate color for any self-serving vampire/dark creature to be seen in.  Puce,…now there is a color NO living creature should be seen in, but pink?  Pfft…Pink is a color that should be embraced by all but especially by us denizens of the dark.  For us, the color pink reeks of symbolism.

 

I heard the gasps and the sound of bodies hitting the floor at this statement, but please, allow me to continue.  Just prop the poor saps back up and join me as I take you on a journey and challenge your minds to embrace the color pink.

 

Pink is the color of the sky when the sun has all but set and the moon has yet to make an appearance on the horizon.  Pink skies signal that the day’s light is at an end and the evening’s darkness will soon be upon us so that we may rise and play.

 

Pink is the color of the blush that sweeps over the skin of a mortal, when in the thrall of passion, the blood in their veins rises to the surface. 

 

Pink is the color that tinges our pale luminescent skin after a slaking our thirst.

 

Shall I continue or have I changed your minds? 

Do I need mention that pink is the color of the tongue that laps the blood from the necks of mortals?  Or that pink is the color of the lips that seek out the beating pulse from which to feed?  I think perhaps, you begin now to see my reasoning that pink is not for little girls any longer. 

So cast off the dreary black rags you have cloaked your body in and replace them with something a little brighter, something Pink! 

© 2010 The Uncommon Muse


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very unique peice about pink, I love all colors equally, color is part of expression, beautiful poem

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think you could write a very good pink poem using all the images created above. One of the best ways to construct a poem is from writing as much as you can about a subject first them picking out the lines. This is good work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was certainly different and gets the point across very well.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 5, 2010
Last Updated on October 26, 2010

Author

The Uncommon Muse
The Uncommon Muse

Tallahassee, FL



About
I'm a writer focusing on erotica, fiction and poetry. I love creating characters and breathing life into them. I rarely write poetry just to write poetry. My poetry is intensely personal and is wri.. more..

Writing