The Famous Lie

The Famous Lie

A Poem by Omi Khan
"

I wrote another thing here in an account named OmiK. But i forgot the password. So.. im starting over :) wish me luck. The poem that I represent to you today is the truth of millions of people.

"
You were rich while i was poor, you always got everything while i wasnt even allowed to want more.

You were getting many gifts at each birthday, while my father was always busy workin shifts all day.

You got into the best school but mine was normal, I read in a village school while everything about your's was formal.

Then you graduated from college with a pleasant sigh, while i also did the same, but still struggling to be in the high.

Then you got a great job at your first try, while i didnt even get a chance, its not a lie.

Then you got married and had a kid, while i was searching where in heavens i'd fit.

Then due to the customs called "Society Rules", I got married and was put in my father's shoes.

And you kept your family happy with all your wealth, while i was struggling, craving for financial help.

Then life passed and both of us became old, Your son started takin care of you, while "I dont have enough money", mine told.

And then both of us were going to leave our death bed, my son couldnt save me, your son tried but failed.

And at your funeral, hundreds of people showed up while nobody even knocked on my door;
Honestly the Reality is, the rich stays rich, while the poor stays poor.

© 2017 Omi Khan


Author's Note

Omi Khan
Please ignore my grammar problems. Im new.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on July 18, 2017
Last Updated on July 18, 2017
Tags: New

Author