Cross Roads

Cross Roads

A Story by TheVoiceOfTruth
"

At a point where one must decide between whether to decide for yourself or let the universe decide for you.

"
Often we come to a point where we have to choose between multiple paths; from when we begin our journey into this world - we choose whether to follow rules or break them. However, we have been told that it’s our decisions that shape our future - or is it the other way round - the destined future shapes our decisions?



Lets take the example of a simple cross road:

Consider a person X who just got a masters degree and has to decide between doing a job or starting his own venture. He may have to consider various factors before coming to a decision which would be a life changing one. He decided that he’s not cut out for a job and starts his own business. What helped him take this decision? An appetite for risk, A drive for adventure or a simple dislike with being employed?

These all hint at the personal characteristics of a person - his nature forced him to choose the path that he thought most suitable. The question now changes to - do the characteristics that form a person come from their own actions and experiences or is it destiny that chooses if a person must exhibit certain traits?



People would suggest that its destiny that dictates the experiences we have and the ones we don’t. Consider another example, Person Y wants to travel solo to a country and faces opposition from her parents. The parents refusal would restrict her from having that experience. Was it the destiny of the parents that suggested them to refuse? Add this to the original question - Are destinies linked?



I could go on adding to this and ask more questions, that would only make it more complicated. To all the ones who come at a cross road, and don’t know which way to take - you will be the one making a decision at the end - if that turns good, you’ll take the credit and if it doesn’t, you’ll blame it on destiny. I’d suggest - choose one - either sit back tight, do nothing, trust destiny to take a decision for you and wait for it to happen. Or act now, and hold yourself responsible for your actions.



We all are at a cross-road here - the question is will you let destiny write your story or do you want to write your own destiny?



•TheVoiceOfTruth

© 2016 TheVoiceOfTruth


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on February 13, 2016
Last Updated on February 13, 2016
Tags: Crossroad, life, decision, path, road, journey, philosophy, destiny

Author

TheVoiceOfTruth
TheVoiceOfTruth

About
Storyteller - keeps it short, crisp and powerful. more..

Writing