Deathly Love

Deathly Love

A Story by Tiffany Echevarria

There was once a young and beautiful child name Proserpina. She adored the sea with all her soul and often wished she could live in the water with the silly fish. The sea she longed to live in was quite beautiful with glowing white sand and shimmering blue water. To add on, it was so dazzling the nymphs even sang songs about it. However, there was one young nymph that did not sing about the beach when little Proserpina appeared the nymph instead swam close and watched. She watched the person with the fascinating hair curious about the humans and watched her clean the littered beach and help animals that washed up on the shore. Proserpina seemed like something out of a fairy tail to her. In the past, the nymph often got in trouble for watching and was yelled at, and today was no different. “Elliot Avery this is the hundredth time I have told you to get away from the shore. The humans might see you and you know what happens if the humans see you.” The elder yelled at the most troublesome child in the sea.

 “The humans will h- “Mrs. Avery got interrupted.

“Hunt us to extinctions blah blah blah, I have heard this so many times.” Elliot said as she swam away back to watch the girl with the beautiful hair.  As she continued to watch her this nymph soon fell in love with her beauty and kindness. Many years past, with the nymph watching, its love grew and developed more every year for the beautiful young lady Proserpina became. One day while Proserpina was walking along the beach she saw something shimmer in the water. She slowly walked toward it’s and shivered when her foot touched the cold water. As she walked closer she could see what she was looking for and it looked like a fish, but there something strange about it so she hesitantly touched it and suddenly felt a response. The thing that first seemed like a fish to Proserpina now had the top half of a human. Proserpina gasped at the sight and stood in fear, it was the first time she had ever seen a nymph before she thought they were myths that her mom told her to be weary of the water. Unlike Proserpina the nymph didn’t freeze up instead she fastly said “Sorry about this.” And grabbed Proserpina’s leg and swam into the ocean. Knowing what would happen to all the nymphs she knew she had to do this so she dragged her to the floor of the ocean and watched as she took her last breath and slowly stop struggling. She slowly waited a few minutes until she would turn back into something even more beautiful than she was before. She would become the most dazzling nymph of all time. They would all sing songs comparing her beauty to that of the sea. It took an hour of waiting, but finally the nymph could see her legs turning into a beautiful pink tail and gills growing into her neck. She also didn’t miss the fact that her face looked dead with pale lips and dark circles under her eyes just like every other nymph. As she woke up she was getting use to breathing with her gills instead of lungs do hadn’t had time to realize her situations, but once she learned how to breathe she started freaking out, her eyes widened, her hands started to shake, and she seemed to be looking around everywhere freaking out.

“W-What is h-happening.” She got out with a struggle. “Why am I under water and why do I have a tail and is that a gill I feel on my neck? What is happening?” Proserpina almost yelled losing her cool and started to swim in circles.

“It is okay.” Elliot said to her loudly so she could hear over her freak out. “Calm down everything is going to be fine.”

“Calm down?” She yelled at the nymph who she remembered dragged her down. “I am a fish and you just drowned me.” She points a finger accusatively.

Elliot nods to say true and says underneath her breath “At least you’re still beautiful.”

“Yeah at least I am still pretty.” Proserpina says sarcastically. “Cause you know my mother means nothing to me and I don’t care whether I see her again.”

“I told you I’m sorry.”  The nymph said slowly.

“If you were really sorry you’d turn me back into a human.” She pouted and began to swim away, but just turning into a nymph she couldn’t swim that fast and Elliot caught up fast.

“There is a way to turn back humans, but it is not too fun.” Elliot told her. “But before that let’s go on a date!”

“A date?” Proserpina asked curiously. “But why would you want to go on a date with me?”

Without any hesitation Elliot said “Because I love you, silly.”

So they went on there date in the ocean. Elliot showed Proserpina around and showed her all the amazing animals and watched her face knowing this would be her only chance to be with her. Once they finished there date Elliot stabbed her right in the chest and believed she cried if she could have. “The way to turn back is to die.” Proserpina’s world slowly turned black and the next thing she knew she was back on the shore human once again and went back home thinking that she had just waken up from a strange dream. However, for Elliot it was no dream, Elliot felt hurt and continued to hurt after realizing the girl the nymph loved would never return.

© 2015 Tiffany Echevarria


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a very good story! Just one thing you wrote "beautiful child name Proserpina" instead of "beautiful child named Proserpina", other than that you did well.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 1, 2015
Last Updated on January 1, 2015
Tags: mermaid, nymph, Proserpina, unrequited love. love, death, life