Misery...

Misery...

A Story by emma

It was a bitter cold, cheerless evening; the fog hovered over the streets clutching the buildings, streetlamps -the entire city was in a damp icy grip. I remember standing there; not moving an inch, people would emerge briefly from the gloom only to disappear after taking a few steps. I could feel the rain slowly trickling down my back and the ice entering my body, turning my insides as frosty as the night to come would be. I couldn’t really remember most of my afternoon, perhaps my mind blocked it out because all I could remember hearing was my dad murmuring, “I’m sorry to tell you but your granddad has passed away”.

 

Tears fell down my face just as a treacherous river moves. But I pushed them away every time they came, I felt weak-that I couldn’t even hold back tears, even though my mum had just lost her dad and she was holding up a brave and courageous face for everyone. But I knew it, I knew that as soon as she got into her room and we were all sleeping that night she would cry her heart out, pleading to every possible god to bring back her dad because she wasn’t ready for him to leave her, not yet anyway.

 

I remember feeling like as though my heart was being pressed on by every possible memory that I had with my granddad, the time he taught me to fish, Christmas’s together and walking around the river together. That was always his favourite place, he enjoyed how peaceful it was and that he had loved to come there with his granddad when he was just my age. But know we couldn’t do that. Suddenly and almost out of no-where all of my misery turned into rage, I couldn’t understand why he would leave like this, why he wouldn’t tell me he was ill and why he would do this to my mother and all of the people who loved him!

 

Slowly, as if it crept in from the shadows it was night time. I decided to go to bed early, I couldn’t stand seeing everyone so upset or walking around saying “everything’s going to be alright, everything happens for a reason”. Being all alone I couldn’t help myself, the tears came out of no where like all the cries that I had been slapping away came back for revenge. I felt suffocated under the restrain of the misery I felt, like as if my life will slowly drown into the ground like he did. I could feel my body getting fragile, sleep deprived and all cried out as the sun gathered into my room. But I knew that if I got up I would have to go through my day knowing that I would never been able to see my sweet, old granddad again….

© 2013 emma


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very nice work. I can get a feel for the aches and pains that come from loosing someone, very well through your word choice. 'It was a bitter cold, cheerless evening; the fog hovered over the streets clutching the buildings, streetlamps -the entire city was in a damp icy grip.' Very descriptive.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

There's a lot of heartfelt emotion here, expressed exceedingly well. Being a grandfather, myself, I find it especially gripping.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

emma

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much!:)
Very nice work. I can get a feel for the aches and pains that come from loosing someone, very well through your word choice. 'It was a bitter cold, cheerless evening; the fog hovered over the streets clutching the buildings, streetlamps -the entire city was in a damp icy grip.' Very descriptive.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 4, 2013
Last Updated on June 4, 2013

Author

emma
emma

About
My story.... thats a whole over thing. All YOU need to know is I love to write! So comment on anything posted and tell me whether im good or crap, all comments will be accepted!:) ENJOY!♥ more..

Writing
supernatural supernatural

A Poem by emma