Remy

Remy

A Story by The_idiot

Remy

 

That bird, still haunts me. It was just lying there, face down and as dead as you can get. A Blue Jay I think. Maybe it was sick or had eaten something that was bad. Maybe if flew into something like the power line above us. I don’t know. I didn’t really feel bad for it and I didn’t really care what had happened to it. It did however, get me thinking about my own mortality. And would anyone care if was alive or dead? Because I’m that vain. I’m 18 and pondering my own demise. Guess it’s never too early.

Though I was pretty high I wasn’t quite as high as my buddy standing next to me who had just done 2 pretty decent lines of ice. He had never tried meth but was optimistic. That was the difference between us. One of very few. I couldn’t say I was worried, even though I should have been. I had reached the point of not really giving a s**t about anything. I hadn’t been to any class in weeks and I wasn’t even sure I was still enrolled in that s****y a*s little community college. But I as we stood there staring at that pathetic creature on the ground I looked at Marv and said, “You wanna get some food man?” he didn’t say anything and just kept staring at the lifeless mass. I looked back down myself and we stood there for a minute or two more. He finally just stepped over the bird and walked slowly back down to the end of the road where his trailer was.

One of many in the park, his was by far the nicest. He wasn’t well off, not that he cared, he was happy and I was happy for him. My parents were pretty okay financially, which meant I was. Though that didn’t make me feel any better in that moment. The moment I realized what Marv had been staring at the whole time and why he had left without saying a word. The bird had a collar on. A f*****g collar. It was someone’s pet. The collar read “Remy.”

© 2017 The_idiot


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It feels like, the other bird will not step in, unless he is not sure, till This bird will struggle. Collar is something like needed to be accepted what you did, with dare, not with guilty, because I don't like to be anyone so weakly connected. Nobody is soo innocent, once they cross 18. Nobody needs to be cared. I am wondered, someone has not crossed 18, it was like for me when I was like less than 10yrs, after that I did grew vvery maturedly. I think people had to fed good food not junk.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
1 Review
Added on February 2, 2017
Last Updated on February 2, 2017
Tags: contemporary, depressing, dark

Author