A Poem Dedicated To The My Lai Massacre (From the villagers p.o.v)

A Poem Dedicated To The My Lai Massacre (From the villagers p.o.v)

A Poem by Thelius
"

A poem I made while learning about the massacre and how and why it happened.

"
A day where the sky rained fire. As if the clouds were dragons that craved our homes in ruins, our flesh charred and blood boiling. A day where the air was our predator. A beast of pure gluttony with its screeching speed and teeth hidden mid air that tearing flesh and ending lives. A day where those that played with our children left them filled with holes lying in a pool of semi-coagulated blood. As if a creature made from pure terror burrowed through their bodies and took their souls away.  A day of reckoning. As if the devil himself wanted our lives and sent his demons to reap our flesh and steal our futures. A day where friend turned to foe. A day almost lost to history.

© 2017 Thelius


Author's Note

Thelius
Would love some help making the comparisons smoother. If someone could tell me what tags to use that'd be a great help. Also, general criticism is appreciated too.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on December 20, 2017
Last Updated on December 20, 2017

Author

Thelius
Thelius

OK



About
My handle I use for most everything, including gaming, is Thelius and has some inspiration from different mythos. Moving on to me I'm your average young adult attending college and wanting to get thei.. more..

Writing