The thing in the mirror

The thing in the mirror

A Story by The Man Beneath The Mask

I staggered to the closest mirror I could find as I tripped over my own feet walking through the hall as reached the mirror I looked into the mirror at what should have been myself but instead, I was met with the coldest darkest eyes I had ever seen. the figured was twisted and deformed beyond believe I thought to myself "what could this creature be because it was surely not a man that stood before me" as the thought left my head the creature stood from its hunched position its dark cold eyes met mine once more and it began to open its mouth with a husky rasp voice it began to speak it uttered something that cut deeper than any blade ever could it said " this is us we have changed in the shadows we show our true selfs" as I staggered back in disbelieve I breathed heavily as the creature began to take shape it looked like me now. it spoke as I do.  it followed my movements now but those dark cold eyes stayed the same cutting deep into my soul I hit my head repeatedly aginst the mirror begging it to go away begging it to not be true but the mirror did not crack or break as I began to sink down to silently let the dark beast consume me then at the moment I was about to give in I hit the mirror as a thought entered my mind that brought the slightest bit of light into those dark cold eyes.

© 2017 The Man Beneath The Mask


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on April 12, 2017
Last Updated on April 12, 2017

Author

The Man Beneath The Mask
The Man Beneath The Mask

In the hearts of man



About
Here is my story some of called me crazy while others have called me weird even some a freak but I have embraced all those veil terms an call myself the man benieth the mask. Many are similar to me bu.. more..

Writing