Strawberries

Strawberries

A Story by Ceos
"

Sad, and unexpected.

"
Just a litle corner of town. Just a little grocery store. Just picking up a few essentials such as mlk, bread, and some soda. I find myself in the produce section for some reason. I guess I'm feeling a craving for fruit or something. Absently, I examine the items in another shopper's kart.  I guess from the peanut butter, jelly, bread, animal crackers, and dinosaur nuggets that she is a mother. Maybe she is single, maybe not, really isn't my business anyway. I examine a small cluster of bananas, and she is examining a batch of strawberries. She was young, no older than 26, with raven hair falling to her shoulders and a pale complexion. I also notice that she does not have a ring on her left hand, and I find myself wondering about her story. She looks at me, and our eyes meet. Just for a second, just for a moment in the infinity stream of time. She smiles, I smile back, and I find the courage to talk with her. As soon as I try to walk over, I hear a quick, repetitive boom. The sound of glass shattering fills my ears. A look of shock appears on her face, she drops the strawberries to the ground, which then scatter around the bland white floor. I find myself staring at them at face level. Then I realize that I'm on the floor, and I have no idea what I'm doing there.  The sounds begin to fade, and all I see is the splattering of strawberries on the floor. I know I'm hallucinating, because the red. strawberry red, color, is starting to spread across the floor.

© 2012 Ceos


Author's Note

Ceos
I thank you, the reader, for taking the time out of your day to read this crude work.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on June 28, 2012
Last Updated on June 28, 2012

Author

Ceos
Ceos

AR



About
I'm just someone with an unchecked imagination. I see something in the everyday, or I imagine something and put it into words. I try to bring my vision to people so they may see what I see. more..

Writing
Lullaby Lullaby

A Story by Ceos


Never Bored Never Bored

A Poem by Ceos