Black Cat, Black Man

Black Cat, Black Man

A Poem by Sai
"

This poem is about two kinds of blacks: The Black Cat and the Black (African) people. For both are treated (according to superstitions for the black cat and the media for the Africans) like a threat.

"
When you see me, you run in fear;

Because of that, you bring me to tears;

You see me for my color;

and with that, you go pick another.

So hear I am in this cage;

Sitting and sitting through out the days;

waiting for that someone

to see my own beauty;

instead of running;

because of the man that made up that story.

So when they see me, they run and duck;

for here in man's world, I am considered bad luck.

© 2015 Sai


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is interesting. i dig the layout and the material presented. well done!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Nicely written and expressed ;]

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sai

8 Years Ago

Thankyou very much!
Unfortunately, we as humans, fellow worldly citizens, have allowed ourselves over the millennia to become divided along many lines; racial, political, religious, ideological, gender, sexual orientation, or simple imaginary lines on a map all have given us cause and justification to presume that 'we' are better than 'them'.
And as the world's population increases, so do the tensions become increasingly untenable.
You, my dear, I'm sure have been the recipient of people's 'perceptions.'
These are feelings deeply rooted in humanity, their origins spanning back to the earliest pages of the bible, when Cane slew Able.
Though being a minister myself, I choose not to segregate myself from humanity by placing a label upon my faith; humanity has corrupted religion and I refuse to partake in the degradation of God's love at the hands of hooligans.
The ills of the world can never be repaired by the broad and sweeping changes of legislation or mandate or caliphate, or a $65 million dollar aircraft for a crackpot televangelist; for the true ills of the world lie within our own hearts. We must turn within ourselves as individuals and seek out the greater path. It is within our own backyard that the journey begins.
I'll paraphrase what Ghandi once said..."One must become the change that we wish to see in the world."
People seek out the light of goodness to help them from the dark depths of despair.
If one becomes the light, they will be drawn towards you.
One must ask themselves this simple question: "Am I ready for that? Am I up to the task?"

Very well done, Sai.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sai

8 Years Ago

Thankyou very much for the heartfelt reviews Mr. Rick. They are greatly appreciated. And yes I agree.. read more
rickm97

8 Years Ago

Yes, we would indeed live in a very boring world.
God gave us challenges to overcome by desig.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 7, 2015
Last Updated on August 7, 2015
Tags: black, poems, poetry, society, cats, cat, heart, heartfelt, poem, color, colors, fear, beauty, beautiful

Author

Sai
Sai

CA



About
I am a 21 year old student who is working towards following her dreams as well as becoming a person who my younger self will be proud of. more..

Writing
Depressionella Depressionella

A Poem by Sai