Life Is Slow

Life Is Slow

A Story by ThexUselessxOne
"

a story of a girl who just cant seem to make her life out to be anything other then slow with her best friend helping her through life whats to come?

"

“Growl”

 

Ah lost again. Solitaire what a horrible game. My computer screens dim light ghosted across my face while the words “No More Moves” laughed at me.

I got up out of my chair I was no longer able to sit and play with pixel animated cards. I walked down the pitch black hall way, the night light that was plugged into the wall had long since went out. Never got around to getting a new one.

I walked into my friends poor excuse of a kitchen, yes my friends why you ask because im 18 my parents are dead and I don’t feel like dealing with my grandmothers constant nagging anymore about how I should run my life and become a doctor or some s**t.

 

I opened the fridge to find the usual, take out boxes, rotted fruit, and a bunch of ketchup bottles some past there dates. I picked up an old Thai food take out box and walked over to nuke it in the time machine of a microwave, that thing takes longer than that Asian movie I watched once, Hero.

 

“sigh”

 

I watched as the styrofoam tray went around and around. When the noodles started to bubble it made my stomach turn. I shut off the ancient machine, snatched the tray from inside and threw it in the garbage no longer hungry

It amazes me how my life got this way, and how slow its actually going, after my parents died that’s when things got really slow. I have faint memories of them. they died when I was 8, ten years ago.

 

“is that all?” I whispered as I walked out the front door to breath in some night air

After I woke up in the hospital some men in odd uniforms told me what had happened told me that I don’t have a right eye anymore, that the bones in my arm are going to be replaced told me about pain I would go through to function again seeing as both my ankles were shattered.

 

I ran my hand over my right eye rubbing it and itching at the fake one, you could never tell that it was fake tho, the doctors said that the muscles in my head were moving it like it was my real eye just I couldn’t see out of it, they were always fascinated by me it always pissed me off, you start to get tired of being poked and examined all the time.

 

My grandmother always made me go, every two weeks I was at the hospital being tested I don’t know why I was all back together when I was 12. I don’t go anymore since im an “adult” now I got to choose weather or not I wanted to and I chose to tell them to f**k off, I was sick of the smell of that place anyway, nothing but hand sanitizer and old people shitting themselves a bad combination.

 

I looked up through the haze of gases and soot at the half lite black sky, the moon was about half full and you could see some stars.

I think back to my childhood years when my parents were around I use to look up at the sky at night and see an endless ocean of stars and a beautiful big moon. But looking at what I see now the night sky only depresses me.

 

“what happened?” I asked myself my life has become something I never would have thought of as a child, truthfully I don’t think I ever worried about it or cared for that matter. But I do recall being afraid of getting old but now at this moment that fear has been replaced, now im just afraid its going to be this slow forever

 

“Trace? Trace what are you doing?”

 

I was so caught up in my head I didn’t even see my friend Jake pull up into the driveway in his beat up green Saturn. He had another take out box in his hand it was grey, Joes Mexican Taco’s.

 

“nothing, I was just… getting some air” I really didn’t know what I was doing out there exactly but getting some air sounded reasonable

 

“geez Trace its cold out, how long you been out here?”

 

I really didn’t realize till he said it, I started to shiver now realizing how cold it really was, I was only wearing a sports bra and some short shorts my usual bed time attire. He walked over ,took off his jacket as he did and put it on my shoulders, he was always like my older brother.

 

“come on lets go inside, its late and you have classes tomorrow remember?” he was right I did have classes Music Production at 10 and then Photography at 2 im just glad that tomorrow is Friday.

 

We went inside he went to the kitchen and I headed to my bed room with a whispered

 

“good night”

 

“night night Trace see you in the morning”

 

The moment my head hit the pillow my mind went blank, the annoying insomnia switch in my head clicked on and I sat there staring into the darkness like I did ever slow night. Thus my life goes on at a slow very slow pace.

© 2010 ThexUselessxOne


Author's Note

ThexUselessxOne
i have just started to write this if you would like me to continue on with it please do tell me then ill know someone would actually like to hear :]

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a really interesting story. I would like to read more, and I would like to find out more about how her parents died, and whats going to happen. Hope that you upload more of this.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 16, 2009
Last Updated on February 18, 2010

Author

ThexUselessxOne
ThexUselessxOne

No Manes Land



About
Hello :] i am ThexUselessxOne its nice to meet you. i dont write alot seeing as i am Dyslexic so if you do read my writing please do be gentle. more..

Writing