You Are My Daughter

You Are My Daughter

A Poem by Robert
"

My Daughter

"

 

 

 

 

You are of me every filament

You are everything I will never be

You have never let me down and

     have always lifted me up higher

You are strong in your spirit of life

     but tangibly not as most are.


I am of you every filament

I am everything you will never be

I have never wanted to let you down

     but the day will come when I do

I am not as strong as you in spirit

     but tangibly I am more than most.


I am determined to see to it that I

     do not lose you

You are determined to see to it that you

     will not give up

I am the voice of reason and logic

You are the voice of hope and faith.

© 2016 Robert


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is one of the most beautifully-stated messages I've read about a father-daughter relationship. Here's what makes your tribute especially appealing: You do not place yourself above your daughter, or she above you. I love the way you present each of your strengths, yet without any hidden tones of comparison or judgment. Your message uplifts you BOTH in separate & unique ways, this being culminated in the last 2 lines which are awesome. Any daughter would be totally blessed to have such a father.

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Robert

8 Years Ago

Tis is a very nice and thoughtful review. I really appreciate this.



Reviews

Such a lovely write for your daughter. This captures the separation yet one-ness of a parent and a child, and it's evident that there is a hopeful and doting tone in this poem. Sweet! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Robert

8 Years Ago

Maja, thank you so much for the kind words.
Yen & Yang, good & evil, male & female, each a reversed reflection of the other, each a balance to the other. As Pat Benatar says Love Is A Battlefield, at least from the sound of your poem this is a bloodless struggle :~) Cool concept, thank you.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Robert

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the review.
What a beautiful reflection from a proud parent! I love how you flipped the poem around and talked about the strengths and weaknesses you both have. But as long as you have each other you will both be strong. A very sweet and loving poem to your daughter :)
Great work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Robert

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Amber on reviewing this piece and such a kind review you have given me. I am glad .. read more
I love how you repeat these lines "I am ..." It has a very special rhythm, like a prayer or like magic spells to keep away the evil.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Robert

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Annie, I appreciate it.
This is a beautiful representation of your relationship with your daughter. Wonderful word choice and descriptions. Great job, Robert. Keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
This comment has been deleted by this poetry author.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Bravo! Loved this Robert. You know and understand the human heart can also triumph. Wish we could all explore successes more fully every day.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Robert

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the compliments and that's true I agree.
A beautiful construction of an ever more beautiful relationship. I would tear up if these words were presented to me by a loved one! Great work

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Robert

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the really nice compliment
I really like this one!
I feel this sense of caring, like the person in this poem is caring for a another person.
Keep it up!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Robert

8 Years Ago

You have it right, its about my daughter and here struggle wit Cystic Fibrosis,
So beautifully said! I remember my parents feeling much the same about my brother and I. Children can have an amazing life changing effect. Lovely to see this tribute to a wonderful daughter!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Robert

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the kind review.
......and quite a lovely daughter at that. You write this piece with an entanglement that reflects the exquisite relationship you have with your daughter. I envy fathers who really love their offspring.

As solid as the Rock of Gilbrata!

Regards,
Al

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Robert

8 Years Ago

Thank for the kind compliments.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4866 Views
142 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 9 Libraries
Added on May 14, 2015
Last Updated on May 21, 2016

Author

Robert
Robert

About
I tend to look at the brighter side of life but I also question much. I don't write often, if I'm lucky I write a poem a month and it takes weeks at times to get it where I want. I don't have the pati.. more..

Writing
Our Song Our Song

A Poem by Robert



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..