Two Ways

Two Ways

A Poem by ThreeWrites
"

There’s always another choice to make

"
You can’t walk this terrain,

I own this land, from the forest to the mountain, all I do is pray it rains.

I’ve just been chilling burning my crack for days,

Makes me feel like Superman, and want to scream hurray!

I know deep inside we all kinda feel the same,

What’s the damage, what’s the pain.

No one’s perfect, and we can’t run from our mistakes, especially while we pump it up our veins.

Chasing the dragon to reach the final high, wake up in an ambulance, saying I need to figure out what’s wrong with my brain.

Praying these demons will get chased away,

But nothing happens without effort, just like the effort to pick up a gun then aim, and spray.

Trapped in a life of crime and running till I get caught, no witnesses to sit there to share their thoughts.

I definitely ain’t getting caught by no man in power, I’ll put down any cop.

These aren’t more then just writing, just my mind wandering, some thoughts I had to jot,

Living with people that actually do these things, and we consider them role models, cleaning this up I’ll need a bigger bucket, hash the mop

Watching people gather and disappear on the streets, just to get a Reup from a dealer who might get payed, but shot for standing in the way.

Drugs might make you feel like everything is okay, but they take the sense of reality away, no respect to brother hustling for a way to get drugs payed.

I’m feeling my gift,

Something to write to get away, take me to the lyrical rift.

Nothing to different, can’t get any further than to practice my driving, time to shift.

The touch of inspiration comes from great conversation, with amazing people, might be the tone of their voice, or their pitch.

Regardless thanks for helping see me through this, could be a bad day, could be great, either way it’s one I’ll miss.

If it’s a gift, than I better share this present before I lose or forget how special it is too me, I’ve lost to much no more tricks.

I’m facing debt, but I still find it hard to face those regrets, I have one more thing to give, poorly worded, but very sick.

If there’s one word I could point out or choose, just to take all the frustration away, and keep my family safe. I wouldn’t know what to pick or say.

So I hope you have a blessed and amazing day. Take it slow, enjoy the ups and downs as they come and go.

© 2024 ThreeWrites


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on April 29, 2024
Last Updated on April 29, 2024

Author

ThreeWrites
ThreeWrites

Albuquerque, NM



About
I have brain damage, and went through psychosis. What I made out of it, was a lot of emotions, what it led too, is a opportunity to write emotional poems more..

Writing
Burdens Burdens

A Poem by ThreeWrites


Glory Glory

A Poem by ThreeWrites