The River

The River

A Poem by Tim Edwards

The glass ripples on the crescent moon.  The ink black water of the River climbs to soak the canvas of my torn soles.  Easing myself off the granite edge, I debate the ever questioning.  Shall I jump straight in? No, I wouldn't last long.  The choice truly seems clear.  The road of time and temperance seems my ultimate path.

Closing my eyes, I can feel individual grains in the ever growing banks of the River.  Each with its own motives, to move this way or that.  One more step, the water seethes over my ankles, whispering cold longings. Three more steps, the weight is apparent. Abundance surrounds my thighs, threatening to push over the infinitesimal obstacle.

Two steps and all is bliss.  No longer is the body treated as an obstacle, but as a congruous appendage.  Breathing no longer matters, the ease and flow of the River will lead.  Its direction, I will follow.

© 2014 Tim Edwards


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

beautiful! I love it. Your diction... Infinitesimal, crescent moon, black water, it all creates imagery in the mind.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tim Edwards

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much! :3

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Added on October 26, 2014
Last Updated on October 26, 2014

Author

Tim Edwards
Tim Edwards

CA



About
A rather large specimen. Psych Adept. Dedicated Boytoy. Mad Scientist. more..

Writing