Vodka

Vodka

A Story by Lichen Eyes
"

Something that happened one day when I was at the computer. I don't know who he is, or whats happened, only that it did. I can never finish stories.

"

He thumped the heavy bottomed glass onto the counter and noisily splashed some vodka into it, he threw it back like water and repeated the process three more times before refilling the glass yet again and drinking it more slowly, wincing this time, though the initial sting had ceased and now traced a well worn ember-like path to his gut.

 

He leaned back against the counter, cradling the bottle and his glass as he slid to the floor, slumping as though slowly deflating.

 

Maybe he was, maybe something like that could puncture the soul as well as his mind and he was deflating in some manner, internally, mentally, emotionally. For some reason he found this thought morbidly funny and barked a laugh as he poured himself another glass, holding the bottle now as a toddler might hold a bear.

 

"The teddybear for the 31 year old" he thought bleakly as he gave up on the glass and just started drinking from the bottle as he grew more and more numb, just the way he liked it...

 

He didn’t remember spilling the rest on the floor as the bottle rolled from his grip.

© 2010 Lichen Eyes


Author's Note

Lichen Eyes
This is very rough. Pretty much raw material at this point in time. Please, rip it apart and help me make it decent? or should I just kill it off?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on December 7, 2010
Last Updated on December 7, 2010

Author

Lichen Eyes
Lichen Eyes

FL



About
Unseelie glumdrop. Upbeat Misanthrope. Tolkien aficionado. Larper. Writer. Opportunist. Artist. You know, the usual. more..

Writing
Ember Ember

A Poem by Lichen Eyes