THE CONCEALING DARK

THE CONCEALING DARK

A Story by Tina Kline
"

A short vampire tale.

"

     The darkness soothed her. It was like a peaceful concealing blanket that kept her from sight from those she didn't want to see her. Her very pale face was like a shadow, half hidden by the night. Her eyes shone like two orange embers in the dark. She moved about like a predator, sleek, graceful and dangerous. Her body was clothed in a silky black skirt and blouse, her feet bare.

     She was hungry, so very hungry. This hunger was like a curse if she let herself think about it too much so she tried not to. It was this curse that had been keeping her alive this last century. And so much she had seen in that century. The amazing things mankind could do and the brutal and terrible things they could do to each other. A hundred years of change in technology but no change in human behavior. Human behavior and way of thinking was no different now than it had been a hundred years ago. She smiled, her fangs sharp and ready. That fact made survival so much easier for her.

     Ah yes, she would satisfy her hunger and not worry about her despair. This is what she did every night. She kept that despair in check and slipped out into the night from her house. A house in a friendly neighborhood. Not an effluent one but a nice middle class one. She kept to herself, never mixing with her neighbors. Being a night person she simply said when she had to, that she worked at night. No one questioned it. The graveyard shift was common in this modern world. Electricity kept the world lit and going night and day these days, unlike when she had still been human.

     A car came in handy to get her out of her neighborhood. It did no good to hunt those in her own neighborhood. And if her neighbors saw her driving away each night they would continue to believe her story and that she was human. No, she was a predator and knew that you didn't draw attention to yourself. It was dangerous. She believed it and this night she drove about 25 miles into the neighboring city and parked her car in a park and ride.

     Slipping out she locked her car and flowed away from it into the city. She sniffed at the air, tasting it. Yes, lots of prey here. The nightlife made hunting so much easier. So many willing humans out hunting for a good time and sex. Yes, so many hunting for sex. They were easy prey and she knew she'd feed quickly and have the whole night ahead of her.

     She had many interests she liked to do. Read, write, paint and film. She liked making her movies and had many wiling people ready to be in her films. She was no where near being Hollywood but maybe one day. Her movies were getting noticed. The internet came in handy, you didn't need publishing houses or Hollywood to get noticed in today's world. Her little group of actors. Clever ones, smart ones, very talented ones and dumb ones. She never fed from them. She never did anything with them but direct them in her movies and film them. Too close to home to do anything else with them. That included feeding. And engaging in sex acts, which many wanted to do with her.

     There, near the red light district of this city she found her prey. A young male, healthy and out looking for sex. She could scent his arousal on the night air even from a distance. She moved quickly and was beside him before he knew it. She pressed her body against his. She had no fear of a negative reaction and didn't get one. He turned, surprised but smiled when he eyed the sultry beauty looking up at him. He was, after all, in the red light district and looking for a pretty woman to engage in sex with.

     “Hi sexy.” he said, his smile eager.

     “Hello there.” she looked into his eyes and took control of his mind. He was easy. He already wanted her. “Come with me?”

     “Of course.” his smile was so wide it hurt his face a bit but he didn't care.

     She led him around the corner of the building they had been standing by on the sidewalk and into the darker shadows. She found an alcove and led him into it. He came willingly. She pulled him into her arms and nuzzled him, making a sexy purring sound.

     “You're so cold. Let me warm you.” He said, grinding his hips against her, his arousal evident. He was very excited, his breathing sounding like heavy panting.

     She laughed softly and pulled his head down and put her mouth to his neck. “You're going to love this.” and she sank her fangs into his throat. His blood filled her mouth, so warm and sweet, so full of life. She drank and drank, uncaring of his painful moans. She wanted his death for it would bring her life. She had no caring or compassion for him. He was just food to her and she needed that food to live. It would ease the misery she was feeling. He started to struggle but it was too late. He was already extremely weak. She smiled as best she could with her mouth on his throat and her fangs in his neck. She was near finishing siphoning his blood from his body and soon enough he was dead and she pulled her fangs from his neck and let him drop. The dull thud the corpse made as it hit the pavement only made her smile. She was feeling good now. Really really good. Her pain gone and a wonderful euphoria was flooding her body. She walked away humming and headed back to her car.

     Once behind the wheel she thought of the tasks ahead of her. Tonight her actors would be arriving soon to work on her current film. She smiled as she started her car and headed home. Now, nicely fed, she was looking forward to the night ahead.






© 2012 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A really fantastic vampire story. I like the end this has, it made it much more chilling. After killing her preys he goes to her every day routine like we would after eating our dinner. Liked how she had a life with humans and knew her boundaries. I enjoyed this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Awesome...she's the dangerous beauty all men need to look out for when their out there hunting for women.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed your vampire tale here. She's the kind of vampire that I like, cold and uncaring of her prey. Humans are not important in her eyes, they're nothing but food so she has no problem killing one for hood then heading home to enjoy here night. Very chilling indeed!

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The perfect predator portrayed in this story. Chilling she lives amongst her prey and has no problem killing them. Seeming so human like she goes out to hunt for her food then returns home, uncaring for the life she has just taken, and returns to her regular routine, making movies here? I found this to be a chilling poem. Who could know if they were hanging out with someone or something planning on eating them? I enjoyed this story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A really fantastic vampire story. I like the end this has, it made it much more chilling. After killing her preys he goes to her every day routine like we would after eating our dinner. Liked how she had a life with humans and knew her boundaries. I enjoyed this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

A good story, but I think it would be better with a surprising twist of some sort at the end. Just my opinion.

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 4 people found this review constructive.

OMG...........I LOVE THIS ONE...........You had me hanging onto every word of it - especially of her time in the Red Light District........sexy, dark, daring, blood-sucking vamp she is for certain!!
GREAT JOB!!....dang it, just so gripping gal!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 16, 2012
Last Updated on September 16, 2012
Tags: vampires, vampire, immortal, eternal.

Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline