THE VAMPIRE INCIDENT

THE VAMPIRE INCIDENT

A Story by Tina Kline
"

Short vampire tale.

"

      I couldn't help her. She was too far gone. I hate myself. I should never have let her be friends with Katie. I knew there was something off with that girl. Too dark. Too into the Gothic scene. Always wearing black clothing. Too pale. Always wearing sunglasses even on cloudy days. I should have kept my little sister Jenn away from her. But you know, I didn't.

      So now I find Jenn lying unconscious on her bed. Katie just left. She'd given me an ugly smile as she went by. I sneered my intense dislike at her. She just laughed her witch cackle as she went out the front door. Before she closed it she paused just long enough and flipped me the bird then shut the door.

     “God! I hate that b***h. Jenn has to quit hanging out with her. That girl is a s**t.” I muttered as I hurried upstairs to talk to Jenn. I had to convince my little sister to stop seeing Katie.

      When I walked into Jenn's bedroom I found her unconscious on the bed. I shook her and I shook her but she didn't respond. At first I thought her napping but my fear for my 14 year old sister quickly mounted to cold terror.

     Self-hatred made me numb, a frozen sort of numb. I saw bite marks on Jenn's arms and a big hickey on her neck. I turned her head both ways, brushing aside her dark brown hair so I could see her throat. There was more than one hickey on her throat.

     Her bedroom window was open and cold air was gusting in, billowing out the curtains into the room. The screen was up too, I noticed.

What has happened here? Vampire wanna be's? Should I call 911? I felt Jenn's pulse. Well, I tried to. I couldn't find it at her wrists or her throat.

     Oh God! Oh God! Why didn't I put an end to Jenn's friendship with Katie a long time ago? I hated myself. I really did. I was sure Jenn was dead and Katie had killed her.

     I sat in the winter cold room, frozen on the inside. I couldn't do anything. My mind was a swirl of chaos. All rational thought gone.

      The night wore on. I heard our parents come home. I didn't move. I sat there staring down at my dead sister. Thoughts of suicide crept into my mind. I needed to die for letting this happen. I didn't deserve to live. If I were dead I could be with Jenn. Oh God! I let this happen!

      I helped to kill my little sister. By doing nothing, by letting her be friends with a sociopath. I should have stopped her vampire games. A sob escaped me. I moved forward on the bed and sat beside my dead sister and silently wept.

     I heard a noise. My crying instantly ceased and I looked down at Jenn. She was staring up at me, her eyes two red lights in her white face. Her pale blue lips were slightly parted but I could easily still see her two thin fangs.

     “Hey Big Brother.” Jenn's voice was husky and dried sounding.

     “Jenn!” my voice was strangled.

     “Hey.” Jenn sat up without effort in one fluid movement.

     “My God Jenn! I thought you were dead!” I cried.

     “Well, Brother of mine. I died. I died and went to Heaven. I woke up.” She smiled.

     I was haunted by the sight of my once beautiful younger sister. She looked like death. All gaunt. Shiny red eyes and fangs. I could see veins beneath her almost translucent skin. It wasn't really white but almost invisible. She looked like death, yes she did.

     A realization hit me. My numb cold state was starting to fade but not fast enough. I am going to die. Jenn is going to kill me. She is a hungry vampire just woken up. I am going to die.

     Jenn hissed and leaped toward me. I yelled and fell back off her bed and landed hard on the floor. Looking up I expected her to land on me and rip out my throat for my blood.

      But instead she was sitting on the ledge of the open window, somehow managing to fit her body into it, bending in weird and frightening ways that weren't natural at all.

     “Hey Brother of mine. I'm not going to hurt you. But I'll be back.”

     As I watched, she slid out the window, in an eerie soft sort of way like she had no bones in her body at all. I lay on the floor, too stunned to move. I felt paralyzed. But one thing that kept going through my mind was that Jenn would be back. Yes, she would be back for me.


© 2014 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A well done short horror story. I can see this becoming something longer. I, also wonder what happens when Jenn returns. I also want to know more about Katie and how she and Jenn's brother grew to dislike each other a little bit more. I was really pulled into this story as a I read. Good horror writing here!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much.
Coyote Song

9 Years Ago

You are welcome.



Reviews

this is a dark story of how Katie became a vampire and how jen made her one very dark and very well written my dear

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

7 Years Ago

Thanks very much, my friend.
Chilling tale. You are a great storyteller. You leave the reader wanting so much more. Like Coyote, I too wanted to know more of the backstory and what happens next. Your imagination in this genre is unmatched.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

9 Years Ago

Thanks very much, my friend!
Chilling! I think this is one of your better stories. It has a nice flow.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much. It's nice hearing from you!!!
Craig2591

9 Years Ago

Been working an enormous amount of overtime and haven't had much time (or energy) for writing or rev.. read more
Tina Kline

9 Years Ago

I understand. Life does get in the way of our creativity often.
Very well written it kept me glued to each line....5 Star horror ...waiting for the next piece

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

9 Years Ago

Thanks very much!
A well done short horror story. I can see this becoming something longer. I, also wonder what happens when Jenn returns. I also want to know more about Katie and how she and Jenn's brother grew to dislike each other a little bit more. I was really pulled into this story as a I read. Good horror writing here!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much.
Coyote Song

9 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Awesome vampire story. Dark and chilling. I wonder what Jenn did when she came back to see her brother?

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A very dark and chilling story. Very captivating. Good writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much.
Wolf's Dark Song

9 Years Ago

Welcome...
Wow, a really tension filled horror story. Dark and chilling without lots of blood and violence. I thought the brother was a goner. I can see more to this story. What came before and what comes after. enjoyable, very enjoyable.

Posted 9 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

422 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on September 13, 2014
Last Updated on November 7, 2014

Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline