ONE LITTLE BROWN SPIDER

ONE LITTLE BROWN SPIDER

A Story by Tina Kline
"

A horror story.

"

    Amanda saw the little brownish white spider crawling across the screen of her open window and cringed.

    Damn spiders, she thought as she rose from her comfy chair to get a wad of toilet paper to smash it. Why do they always have to come inside the house?

    Amanda hurried so the spider couldn’t crawl out of sight before she had a chance to kill it.

    It was a warm early spring day so she supposed spiders and other bugs would be out in full force soon.

    She got back to the window with her toilet paper wad just as the spider was reaching the edge of the screen. Moving quickly and trying not to get creeped out she went to squish it.

    The spider jumped.

    Amanda shrieked and jerked backward.

    She accidentally hit a palm tree she had growing in a large pot beside the window. Where did that damn spider go? She asked herself just when she felt little solid objects raining down on her. What the…?

    It looked like little pieces of soil falling down from somewhere. The plant, she thought.

    There were little brown bits on her arm and she went to brush them off. The brown objects on her arm fled her hand and raced up her arm to her shoulder.

    Amanda screamed and fell back against the palm tree, both tumbling to the floor.

    Spiders were on her arm! She frantically brushed at herself, uncaring she was half tangled in the toppled over plant and dirt from its pot spilled out onto the floor.

    “God damn f*****g spiders!” Amanda cursed as she finally untangled herself from the palm tree and stood up, frantically brushing at herself, making sure there were no spiders on her body.

    She was close to hysterical tears when she spotted a brown spider clinging to her hair out of the corner of her eye.

    “God damn!” she cried as she swatted at it, jumping about as she did so.

    Where are all these bloody spiders coming from?

    Then Amanda noticed spiders swarming out of the turned over pot that the palm tree had been growing in.

    The spiders moved and flowed like water undulating out of the pot.

    Amanda stood there for several seconds staring in shocked horror at the unbelievable sight before her.

    The spiders were moving across the floor toward her in a swarm. And the size of the brown mass moving toward her was somehow increasing in size and moving amazingly fast!

    Wanting to scream, trying to scream but unable to, Amanda stumbled backwards, making choking sounds.

    Then she spotted another spider clinging to her hair. “Oh God!” She started slapping at her head, trying desperately to knock the spider from her hair.

    For a moment or two she forgot about the increasing mass of spiders crawling toward her across the floor.

    “F*****g s**t!” there were brownish spiders crawling on her clothes.

    She swatted at them, managing to knock some loose but she couldn’t seem to get them all off her.

    Just as the mass of spiders reached her Amanda turned and fled to the kitchen thinking she must not forget to shut the kitchen door.

    Once in the kitchen she did manage to shut the door. But there was no moment of relief; she still had a bunch of spiders crawling on her.

    She grabbed a butcher knife and started scraping spiders off her. When they landed on the floor she stomped on them.

    Rather quickly there were an increasing number of smashed spider bodies on the kitchen floor.

    Amanda felt sick, she was mumbling hysterically as she fought to get all the spiders off her.

    She slapped more of them out of her hair. She smashed more with her hands and feet.

    She was laughing and crying, knowing she must sound crazy. But I am! How could I not be? Where are all these bloody f*****g spiders coming from?

    When Amanda couldn’t find anymore spiders on her she finally stopped moving. She was breathing heavily and looked down at the floor.

    That’s when she started trembling with the horror of it. There was a shockingly and terrifying number of dead spiders on her kitchen floor.

    But at least they’re dead, she thought.

    Then Amanda heard a clicking sound. It was soft but insistent. She really started trembling then and she slowly looked toward the closed kitchen door which was where the sound was coming from.

    Amanda screamed and screamed and it was a long while before she stopped screaming.

    The mass of brown spiders was coming into the kitchen from beneath the door, coming through that small space that all doors seem to have at the bottom.

    The spiders swarmed into the kitchen, their pointy little feet making soft clicking sounds as they scuttled rapidly across the kitchen floor toward Amanda.

    She threw the butcher knife at them. They easily moved out of the way and regrouped and came after her.

    And Amanda knew now they were after her, hunting her.

    She stumbled backwards until she hit the wall, screaming the whole time.

    The swarm of spiders reached her feet and crawled up her shoes and pant legs, moving up to her waist, some spiders crawling beneath her top, some on the top itself, but all heading for her head.

    Amanda continued screaming and started slapping at the spiders but she knew there was no way she was going to get them off her now.

     They reached her head, some going into her ears, some going up into her nose and a bunch going into her open mouth. She stopped screaming and started coughing and gagging.

     Amanda clawed at herself in desperation, trying to get the spiders out of her mouth but failing. More spiders crawling up her went into her nose, ears and into her open mouth. She collapsed to the kitchen floor and the undulating swarm of brown spiders covered her body.

    She slapped and clawed at them as long as she was able to but she was growing weaker and could hardly breathe at all. Then she stopped struggling and lay still, only able to take in a very small amount of air. 

    Then her body started jerking oddly as the spiders made their way deep inside her and started nibbling. Amanda made soft but horrible moans as she felt the awful pain of the spiders eating away at her.

   And it took a long time before Amanda stopped feeling any pain, before she stopped feeling anything.

   The brown spiders ate her from the inside out. And they had a feast that lasted them for many days.

 

 

 

© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is really panic inducing. I like the urgency you've written in, but I think you could remove either the first or second mention of her batting them from her hair. Also it may improve the story if your character has a small side note that makes this situation worse. Do they hate spiders with such a passion that they kill EVERY ONE like she has a personal vendetta? Did she have a bad experience with arachnids in her childhood? That aside I really enjoyed reading it. Great submission.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

11 Years Ago

Thanks very much!



Reviews

I am grossing out so much right now!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading.......
What a horrifying story! I felt chills of horror and dread go through me as I read this. I hate spiders and this story really gave me the creeps. Very well written. I'm cringing from the terrifying images you used in this story...I'm afraid the images as my mind pictured them are going to haunt me for some time! Outstanding terror spider story!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

11 Years Ago

Thanks for your reviews!!!
This is really panic inducing. I like the urgency you've written in, but I think you could remove either the first or second mention of her batting them from her hair. Also it may improve the story if your character has a small side note that makes this situation worse. Do they hate spiders with such a passion that they kill EVERY ONE like she has a personal vendetta? Did she have a bad experience with arachnids in her childhood? That aside I really enjoyed reading it. Great submission.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

11 Years Ago

Thanks very much!
Oh my, that's scary.

It's a great way to write about how one, small spider turned into a huge problem! This story actually made me shiver!

I was scared from the moment I read it, but that may just be because of my spider phobia.

All in all, it got me spooked! 100 percent, good job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

11 Years Ago

Thanks!
Ariana

11 Years Ago

No problem.
ewww and I LIKE spiders . . .

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I suppose this is what would happen if spiders thought the way people do and decided to take revenge for the fallen spiders. Lucky for us that spiders don't think about revenge but only about living. Well done as a horror story,

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh, this is horror alright. I have that creepy crawling feeling...glad I read it now and not tonight. Very vivid imagery. One could feel this horror...Excellently done...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Definitely a horror story with lots of vivid description. Makes one think twice about squishing spiders.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

599 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 22, 2010
Last Updated on June 22, 2010

Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Drake Drake

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Comets Comets

A Poem by Robin