THE ANGEL

THE ANGEL

A Story by Tina Kline
"

A dark paranormal tale.

"

    Shannon saw a light outside her bedroom window. She watched it for a minute or two, thinking it would go away. But it didn’t, instead it slowly grew brighter.

   She was snuggled in bed and didn’t want to get up to investigate. It was after midnight and she had just put down the crime novel she had been reading, turned off the light and was all ready to relax.

    Then the light appeared. And the worst thing was, she was on the second floor of the house she lived in. The first floor a childless couple rented. She had her own entrance so she hardly ever encountered them.

    The light moved to hover just outside her bedroom window where there was a very tiny balcony, just big enough to put a chair out there and sit when ever she felt like it.

    Worried now, no longer remotely relaxed Shannon debated as to whether she should get up and look out the window. Would that be stupid? Perhaps an alien, a Grey, was out there with its light bulb shaped head and round black eyes.

    Shannon decided she would just wait it out, what ever it was. But the light didn’t go away. After a few rather frightening moments a rap sounded on the closed window which was followed by a scraping sound.

    Shannon felt herself jump in fear. She took a deep breath. What to do, she wondered. The next sound was an obvious knocking on the window. She felt compelled to get up and go to the window and push back the curtain.

    She gasped. A being of bright light hovered on the little balcony. It was beautiful! All luminous silver white light. A radiant being. An angel! Shannon unlocked the window and pushed it up. She stepped back in invitation for the angel to enter.

    The radiant being looked at her and smiled. It was very humanlike and Shannon thought perhaps the angel was female. She recalled hearing that the angels in the Bible were always male. Perhaps this radiant being was male.

    The angel came through the open window like fluid. The way it bent and flowed in was rather scary to watch but once inside her bedroom Shannon was taken by its beauty.

    Long flowing hair of white, silver dark eyes, many wings that all worked together in perfect harmony, very pale skin and dressed in a flowing silvery white gown. The radiant being was taller than Shannon but very very thin, gaunt looking, almost like it was starving.

    The being turned its silver dark eyes on Shannon and smiled. It couldn’t hide its long thin sharp looking teeth, but for some reason they didn’t frighten her one little bit. Perhaps it didn’t even want to. 

   Shannon felt breathless in this angel’s presence. She was certain, beyond all doubt, this creature was an angel. A Heavenly angel, one of God’s own.

    “Hello.” Shannon said, having a difficult time catching her breath.

    The angel moved toward her, floating inches above the floor, looking very ghost like.

    Shannon shivered.

    “Hello.” The angel said. It had an empty hollow voice that was completely devoid of emotion. “You have been chosen.” The angel came toward her.

    Shannon found herself moving backwards, not sure why, but feeling that was the best choice for her.

    “Do not be afraid.” The angel fluttered its many wings, making a soothing, rustling sound. Some of its smaller wings it continued to fan. “Come to me.”

    Shannon stared at the angel asking herself why she suddenly felt so afraid. Who could possibly fear one of God’s angels? This angel was so beautiful, an obvious being of light. But still she felt afraid.

    The angel darted forward quickly, reaching out for Shannon as it did. No way could Shannon move fast enough to avoid its grasping hands. The angel caught Shannon by the upper arms. It held her in place, putting its thin, luminous face in front of her. “No, don’t try to avoid me. You have been chosen.”

    “For what?”

    “For this. For me.” The angel opened its mouth. This time Shannon did feel horror at the sight of its thin sharp teeth.  Fangs.

    What is this creature, a vampire? Could something so beautiful it looks like a being from Heaven, one of God’s own, be a vampire?

    The creature made a hissing sound and pulled Shannon into its embrace, its larger wings enfolding her. It buried its face into her throat and sank its fangs deep, not trying at all to be gentle.

    The pain that Shannon felt was white hot and unbearable. She screamed and thrashed under the vampire’s attack but was held tightly in place by its many wings. Its smaller wings fanned in its excitement at feeding.

    As it drank it became dimmer and dimmer, its luminous quality fading and darkness pouring in where the light had been. And as it fed its starved look was replaced by one of well fed healthiness. Its eyes became pools of crimson, its feathers became inky dark, and it became warmer and warmer.

    Shannon fainted as the vampire took her blood. She fainted from the pain of its attack and she fainted from the poison its feeding injected into her body.

    As the vampire finished it scooped Shannon up into its arms and dropped her on the bed. She was grey and wasted looking. She looked dead, like a corpse yet she still had some life left in her. The vampire looked down at her, crimson eyes glittering, with blood trickling from the corners of its mouth.

    “I am your angel Shannon. Your angel of Death. The Grim Reaper. I am Death, the Plague. I’ve come to take what you have that I don’t have. Life.”

    After giving its little speech that no one heard it sat down on the bed beside the rapidly cooling Shannon. The vampire stared at its dying victim, its eyes empty, lacking any emotion.

    “Should I let you live? Should I bring you over or let you die?” The vampire said to the dying Shannon who looked more and more like an elderly woman. It put a thin hand on Shannon’s shoulder. She was cold. As cold as death.

    The vampire stood and went to the open window it had entered the bedroom through. It glanced back at the now dead Shannon on her bed. It shook its head. “No angel from Heaven came to you this night but a demon from Hell.” Then it laughed and flowed like liquid out the window and spreading its many wings flew off into the black cold dawn.

   

   

 

   

© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love the description :))

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great horror story. Cool descriptions of the angel-like vampire. Very well penned horror. An awesome write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amazing story and creepy. i love it

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I liked this story! I loved the transformation of the 'angel' into a vampire with its feeding. Your descriptions were great as well. Everything was very vivid.

There were quite a few grammar mistakes though that made it difficult to understand some parts. I didn't notice any spelling mistakes though. Some places were awkward, phrasing wise, and in some places the punctuation made a paragraph very clumsy.

"She stepped back in invitation for the angel to enter." should it be "back as an invitation for the angel to enter? I don't know, it is just doesn't sound right.

Just look it over for stuff like that and you'd be good!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

The surprise vampire attack. What seems at first as something beautiful and so full of light turns out to be just the opposite. Impressive predator this one is.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very well told vampire story. Story telling becomes you. Great images and wonderfully writing...much enjoyed.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A very beautiful yet frightening vampire story. Awesome in its mysterious and seductive feel.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 22, 2010
Last Updated on June 22, 2010

Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline