WOLF GIRL

WOLF GIRL

A Story by Tina Kline
"

Eric and Carrie believe there is something off about Terry and set out to discover what that is.

"

     “Don't tell me what to do!” Carrie's voice was loud. Eric winced.

     “Keep your voice down!” He hissed.

     “See! You're telling me what to do again!” She stomped her foot.

     “Let everyone know we're here why don't you!” Eric glared at her.

     “Shut up Eric!” Carrie whispered.

     It was well after midnight and they were outside the bedroom window of one of their classmates. A classmate that they felt was something other than a student who went to their high school. There was something weird about her and Eric and Carrie meant to find out. Eric and Carrie were cousins and both juniors and hung out together all the time. They had been doing that since they could both remember.

     Now they stood outside this girl's bedroom meaning to spy on her. They were determined to discover her deep dark secrets, what ever they were. Eric turned and glared at his cousin. She made a face back at him and pointed to the window. The curtains were drawn back and a light snapped on causing them both to step back to make sure they were concealed in the night dark shadows of a shrub that grew outside the window.

     “S**t! She could have seen us!” Eric whispered.

     “Now you be quiet! Terry just walked in!”

     “Let's watch!”

     Crouching low they inched their way up to the window and peered over the window ledge into the room once again. They watched as Terry threw her backpack onto her bed after shutting her bedroom door. Then she crossed her room and opened a laptop that sat on her desk. Returning to her bed she unzipped a pocket in her backpack and took out her cell phone and gazed at it for several seconds then tossed it carelessly onto her bed.

     Eric and Carrie glanced at each other and Carrie mouthed 'no phone calls' and she made a exaggerated laughing face. Eric mouthed back at her 'poor baby' and he faked a silent snicker. They both went back to watching Terry waiting to see something that would confirm their suspicions.

    They watched Terry return to her laptop and sit down in front of it. She started typing on the keys. A face suddenly appeared on the monitor. From where Eric and Carrie were watching it was mostly obscured by Terry's body blocking their view. They pressed closer to the window desperate to hear what Terry and this other person were saying.

    “Can you see the face of the person on the screen?” Carrie asked in a very hushed whisper.

     Eric shook his head no. They both kept their positions, their heads just above the window rim high enough so they could see. Suddenly they heard Terry laugh loudly, a wild sounding laugh. As they watched she tossed her head back and laughed even harder and louder.

    That gave Eric a chance to see the face on the computer monitor for a moment. He gasped in shock! No! NO! He thought. He hadn't seen what he'd just thought he'd seen. He turned to look at his cousin. She looked at him with a concerned look.

    “What?” she whispered.

    He put his pointy finger to his lips.

    She gave him an annoyed look and held out her hands to the side, elbows bent and palms up. “What?” she mouthed.

    Eric pointed to Terry and mouthed, 'The monitor.'

    Carrie gave him a frustrated look and shook her head, trying to make him understand she didn't have a clue as to what he was trying to tell her.

    Taking a deep shaky breath he said as softly as he could, “The face on the monitor that Terry is talking to, isn't human.”

    “What?” Carrie said a little too loudly.

    “Jeez! Scream will ya!”

    They both turned back to look through the window and Carrie let out a startled scream. Terry was standing at the window glaring down at them, her eyes looking as if they were glowing in the light of her bedroom.

    “S**t!” yelled Eric falling backwards on his butt.

    “F**k!” Carrie said, jumping up and stumbling back.

    Smiling a menacing smile Terry unlocked her window and shoved it upward. “Hi you two. What ya doing out there in my backyard at....” she glanced at her wall clock “..2:15AM in the morning?”

    “Nothing.” said Eric getting to his feet.

    “Nothing? Really Eric baby? Nothing?” Terry said in a fake sweet sounding voice, one eyebrow arched.

    “Yeah, nothing.” repeated Eric.

    “Hmm. I'd say you two are spying on me. Why?”

    “Because you're a f*****g freak!” Carrie said.

    Terry laughed. “I am? At least I don't go around spying on people.”

    “I bet that's a lie.” said Eric.

    “Is it a lie Eric baby?”

    “Well, maybe it's not true. But what is true you go around eating people.”

    Carrie let out a little gasp. “Really?”

    “I saw the face in the monitor that you were talking to Terry. It wasn't human.”

    “Ooooh! That's so true Eric baby. He wasn't human. And I'm not either, am I?”

    “No. You're not!”

    “Eric? What's going on?” asked Carrie. “What is she? An alien? A Gray?”

    Terry let out a wild laugh. “A Gray! How funny! I'm a little green woman, am I?”

    “S**t no! You know what you are. A werewolf.”

    Now Terry let out a wild laugh that was truly chilling. It almost sounded like she was howling as she was laughing.

    “S**t! We'd better get out of here Carrie. She's calling other werewolves!” Eric turned, grabbed Carrie's hand and fled around the side of the house. “Come on Carrie! Run like your life depends on it because it does!”

     As they came around the side of the house to the driveway Carrie was sobbing. “Come on Eric! This is nuts! Terry a werewolf?”

    “Would you rather believe she's a Gray then?”

    “Yes!”

    They were half way down the driveway when a large shadowy figure lurched toward them from the shadows. Then another. Several came from the backyard effectively circling Eric and Carrie. The shadowy creatures lowered their heads, pulled back their lips and growled at them. Their tails held high and the hair along their back and spine stood up. There was no doubt these were wolves and their red glowing eyes told the story that they weren't ordinary wolves but shape shifters or werewolves.

     Carrie started crying loudly. Eric shook her, “Shut up Carrie. Don't show any weakness now!”

     Carrie had become very weak, unable to stand because of her terror. She sank to her knees and Eric did nothing to try to keep her standing. He stood facing the werewolves in front of him. He knew they were both dead. There was no way he could fight off a pack of werewolves.

     “You were so right Eric baby. I am a werewolf. This is my pack. Won't you say hi to them? Be all friendly like? You know, why not?” Terry sauntered down from the front porch. Eric hadn't even heard the front door open. Terry crossed the short distance to where Eric and Carrie were and stopped in front of him. She crossed her arms as she gazed up at him. “Got nothing to say now? Figures.”

     “Are you going to kill us?” Eric managed to ask.

     Terry made a snort. “You came calling to find out my secret and now you know. Why should you live? Either of you? You should have minded your own business.”

     “Yeah. Yeah. You're right.” said Eric, doing his best he hoped not to show how terrified he was right at the moment.

     Terry looked him up and down then turned a disdainful look at Carrie who was huddled in a sobbing terrified ball on the driveway at Eric's feet. “She dies, that's for sure.” She flicked her hand at the werewolves and one darted forward, grabbed Carrie by the shoulder and dragged her off into the dark night.

    “Hey!” screamed Eric. It had all occurred so quickly that Carrie was gone before he realized anything was happening. He started forward to go after the werewolf who had taken his cousin but Terry blocked his path. When he made to go around her she reached out and took him by the upper arms. Eric was stunned to feel how powerful her hold was. He stared in horror at her. Her eyes were feral and glowing red from some sort of inner light. He knew Carrie was dead and so was he.

     Terry smiled at him, her mouth full of canine teeth, sharp and lethal. “You should have minded your own business then I wouldn't have had to make you my business.” She gave him a powerful shove, sending him stumbling backwards. “Snack time boys.”

     The werewolves surged forward with hungry yips and snarls and swarmed over Eric before he had a chance to scream. “Don't take enough to kill him, mind you. He'll make a good pack member.” and Terry smiled as she heard Eric's screams of pain and terror. “Don't worry Eric baby. It will be over soon and I'll make you feel real good later. I promise” and she laughed her wild menacing laugh.







© 2011 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

very good story :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sometimes its better not to go snooping and leave well enough alone. A very frightening story to be sure!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very chilling, this would make an excellent movie!

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh my! I don't think I'll be spying on anybody anytime soon. Awesome story!

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very entertaining. I think sometimes we shouldn't go snooping into other peoples business and this story shows why. You never know what you will discover and maybe you won't live to tell either!

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You really kept the pace going though out this. Good story full of action.

Posted 12 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is really good. I enjoyed the story all the way through, not a dull moment for me in this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed this story. I like the ending when the poor werewolves can win one and get some fresh food. Thank you for a excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Awesome! Loved it. An excellent story. Cool pen upon this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 11, 2011
Last Updated on August 11, 2011

Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


"Spurned" "Spurned"

A Poem by Valentine