My Last High Note

My Last High Note

A Story by Aislinn
"

When people only appreciate one aspect of you, what would you do?

"

If there was one thing about being a siren that I hated it was the fact that people only noticed my voice. They didn't care if I looked weird, they hardly noticed what I wore. It was all about my voice.


If I kept my mouth shut, people would treat me like anyone else. But there is so little that a person can do in this world without a voice.


No one knew me as anything but the girl who could hit any note. They described me by my voice. I was never “the girl over there with the plaid skirt and hot pink backpack.” No. It was “you'll know her when you hear her.”


But the worst part was how everyone wanted to use my voice. The radio. I even got in commercials because of it. I just wanted to be appreciated for something other than a gift that I had no control over.


Which was why I was here. Standing in the rain practicing sign language. With any luck I could pass for deaf in a few months and never have to speak again. I would have sung my last high note.

© 2012 Aislinn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have always been an annoying noisemaker. You could hit several notes, but there was hardly any music. And above all I am a bit too jealous that i cant make the feeblest sound however loud i scream. I have been practicing sign language all my life, but never so perfect. I have written the worlds best music, so are the literary classics, i wanted more, to be more than my a dumb disposition of a dark color over a boring, monotonous, plain sheet of brightness.

Ink, the aquaphobe.

This is the very first story i am reading on this website. It definitely is an interesting read, and a beautiful piece to begin with. think the siren has finally started playing the music.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aislinn

11 Years Ago

Thank you. It was random with no real intention of going anywhere. I just needed to get it out in th.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 22, 2012
Last Updated on July 22, 2012

Author

Aislinn
Aislinn

MO



About
I'm a girl 19 year old girl who would rather remain slightly anonymous despite the fact that I'm posting my writing on the internet. Other than that, I'm semi-average. As average as anyone on this.. more..

Writing
Dare I? Dare I?

A Poem by Aislinn


Rain Rain

A Story by Aislinn