To Understand

To Understand

A Story by Aislinn

You say you don't understand. You say you can't. You go on each and everyday but you have no clue as to how to keep going.


He left you broken. He stole your heart and left you a cynic. He tried to tear you down, tried to break you but failed.


You are stronger because of what he did. You no longer let people take advantage of you. But in a way, he succeeded.


You're scared to love again. Scared to dream. Scared to take the plunge and let yourself fall for another man. All because of one.


You say you don't understand. How could you? He said that he loved you. He turned around and deliberately tried to destroy you.


But I've seen you. I've seen the way you look at another. This one would love you. He would never do anything to hurt you.


He was there for you through the death of a loved one. He was there in your darkest hour. We all were. But he was the one you leaned on.


You trust him. You care for him. You would do anything for him.


You say you don't understand. You say that you'll never know.


You already do.

© 2012 Aislinn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!

Stats

125 Views
Added on July 1, 2012
Last Updated on July 1, 2012
Tags: love, fear, hope

Author

Aislinn
Aislinn

MO



About
I'm a girl 19 year old girl who would rather remain slightly anonymous despite the fact that I'm posting my writing on the internet. Other than that, I'm semi-average. As average as anyone on this.. more..

Writing
Dare I? Dare I?

A Poem by Aislinn


Rain Rain

A Story by Aislinn