The Feared Birth (segment of a story not by the same name)

The Feared Birth (segment of a story not by the same name)

A Story by Tipharious Prank
"

Short example of my writing style

"

Veiled in a thick cloak of mist, a young and very naked boy was afloat within a dark and twisted landscape. Silently, he took in the world around him. His lungs filled and emptied. Each time, the reality surrounding him changed him. Each time, he ever so slightly changed it.

The mist shrouded him, protected him, but it also paid him a disservice. In safely hiding him, the mist prevented the child from seeing the beauty which surrounded him. But the mist began to lose its sparkle. It no longer danced in the warmth of the light. The acrid fumes of war enveloped the slumbering parcel. Memories of stagnant politics and hatred filled his nostrils. Mysteriously, the changes within him mirrored the changes without. As he had in the past altered reality with a mere breath, a well-placed word, he now was unconsciously changing the world with an uncomfortable dream.

Something stirred within the fetal boy, as if a repulsion. Expressions of confusion, pain and frustration were subtly worn. A twitch here and there became more common, as the hypnic jerk foretold awakening. The boy began to hear. Nothingof joy. Guttural roars. Influential screams and gasps of death echoed within his billowing prison. These unwanted and exterior intrusions began to infiltrate his dreams, his fantasy, his uneducated and very much created reality.

Salty sweat emerged from his skin as the world around him demanded his attention. His eyes began to flutter as the tendrils of smoke turned black. The child rolled about as he was coming to and everything around him withered and decayed. Slowly the smoke fell to the cold soil as the child took his first steps. With eyes closed, hands upturned and outstretched, the young boy took his first, deep conscious breath. The smoke dissipated as if to fear him.

With his feet firmly on the ground and an unobstructed view of what lay before him, he opened his eyes. There was a calm, like before all great disasters. Then the world wished they had never disturbed his slumber.

© 2015 Tipharious Prank


Author's Note

Tipharious Prank
This was a quick blast to the beginning of a tale. I have more to this. It shifts drastically into a scifi story one might not expect.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on January 9, 2015
Last Updated on January 9, 2015
Tags: Fiction, dark, fantasy, short

Author

Tipharious Prank
Tipharious Prank

TN



About
Let's just say that I'm protective of my privacy. If you want to know more, do the work. I will say this. I don't trust this and therefore will never put anything finished or the core of my work on.. more..

Writing