Ecstacy

Ecstacy

A Story by Sophie H
"

A friend of mine told me about a time she went to a rave with her girlfriend. I thought it was cute so I wrote a little thing based off what she told me for their anniversary.

"

Vibrations.

The feeling of sound reverberating through bones and hearts. There are many names for feelings, but to her the one-ness of the crowd crashing in on itself to the waves of noise that fill the dark field is best labeled ecstasy. She isn’t a singular entity, an ant with hopes and fears and stresses, she is a part of a machine. The only thing pulling her from complete immersion into the lights and sound of the rave is the other body pressed into her, an anchor of sorts. A blue tutu ruffling against her own puffy pink catastrophe. She grasps onto her anchor, letting her hand spin the girl in front of her to eye level. A flash of blinding white teeth brightens Lily’s blood red smile. An anchor, a ray of reality permeating the dream. She separates them from the crowd, slowing down as Lily huffs against her chest.

“Lord, Rose, this is a blast!,” Lily breathes against Rose’s chest. She pulls her anchor closer, willing them away from the mass of people, the stress relief becoming more overwhelming than anything else. She gets them away. Away from the masses of bodies, away from the heat and the storm of sound and movement and chaos. Lily holds on, her anchor holds fast and keeps the ship from going under the waves of breathless dancers. Her anchor holds fast until the lights are out, and she can feel dew brush against her legs, until the stars above come out to check if the coast is clear. The crowd is behind them now, swaying and yelling and living as Rose pulls her anchor down. Lily is warm against the once still grass. She is the absence of chill, she is the absence of nothing. Rose just holds her close. Just relishes a new feeling of unity. Lily smiles against her, just smiles and lights their own little universe. A universe they’ve build with the sky of her eyes, Rose imagines she is planting little seeds as her fingertips brush up Lily’s legs. From each seed blooms a promise, a second in which the world is right and with every touch she forgets. She forgets her troubles, her worries, her fears. All she knows is their simultaneous breathing and the way Lily is haloed above her.

         “Come on~ I didn’t think you’d drag me out of the fun just to stargaze. Although you are an avid romantic, the mood seems to be in need of a kick off.” Lily whispers, maybe a hair from Rose’s nose. Rose hums happily, leaning up to touch their noses together in an eskimo kiss.

“I know she’ll be the death of me-” she murmurs, catching a high melody from the wind, “At least we’ll both be known,”

“- and she’ll always get the best of me, the worst is yet to come.” Lily finishes, tilting her face over to press a kiss against Rose’s lips. A new layer of warmth blooms. The softness of their lips and the soft puffs of air between them creates the atmosphere of their singularity. Rose plants more seeds on Lily’s sides from under her flowy shirt, she taps her way across Lily’s soft stomach and Lily smiles into the kiss. Theres the sun. A ball of combusting sensory input forcing a chill down Rose’s spine despite the flush coming to her pale cheeks. Lily pulls away, placing a little peck to the other’s cheek.

“I look like the cover of a Ke$ha album.” Rose jokes, brushing the tips of her nails against Lily’s spine, tracing each divot as if to memorize the sensation.

“It is a good look for you. On a sidenote, I’m terribly sorry but this lipstick transfers.” The quirk of Lily’s lips betrays her lack of sincerity as she swoops back down to leave little butterfly kisses along her partner’s neck.

“Such a gentlelady, don’t worry, it’ll just add to my rad dance party aesthetic.” Rose hums. She continues with her train of thought. The peaceful planes of Lily’s body keep away all else. All that is and all that ever will be falls under pink manicured fingertips. The sweet aroma of Lily’s shampoo as Rose is faced with the dark curls, her shirt just see through enough to highlight the curves of her body, her glittery tights hugging rounded thighs. Rose squirms, a mere mortal the presence of a goddess, a celestial being whose gravity overpowers all others. Lily seems to know. In all her grace and knowledge she blesses Rose with a small,

“Perfect.”

    Rose lets out a high little noise from the back of her throat, “What is it, angel?” Lily whispers. As she moves back into Rose’s view the moon highlights her face, it illuminates her chocolate skin, it halos her hair and she is everything. She is the omniscient unknown overseeing life and death and all in between. She is the piece making the sky whole and all Rose does is pull her down. She chases her anchor, the malevolent safety of her own world, and grasps the heavenly being she calls by a mortal name like the lifeline she is.

There are many names for feelings, but to her the animosity with which Lily shakes with laughter and the perfect fit of their bodies as the stars twinkle is best called,

“Ecstasy.” Rose mouths into air.

“What, love?” Lily inquires from next to her.

“You look amazing in a tutu.” Rose snorts as Lily jabs at her side.

Yes, ecstasy is a perfect name for it.

© 2017 Sophie H


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really like this little piece. You portray that escape from the riot of noise and people to a quiet commune with nature and friend really well. Also a nice mixture of complex descriptive phrases and simple down to earth dialogue. And the subtly unanswered question of whether the title describes purely a feeling or the hint of mind altering substances ;)

It takes me back to similar escapes from parties to stare at the stars after a few drinks too many!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really like this little piece. You portray that escape from the riot of noise and people to a quiet commune with nature and friend really well. Also a nice mixture of complex descriptive phrases and simple down to earth dialogue. And the subtly unanswered question of whether the title describes purely a feeling or the hint of mind altering substances ;)

It takes me back to similar escapes from parties to stare at the stars after a few drinks too many!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
1 Review
Added on February 24, 2017
Last Updated on February 24, 2017
Tags: lesbian, dance, romance

Author

Sophie H
Sophie H

Dublin, Ireland



About
I'm an ordinary person wondering if I could be something better more..

Writing
Obviously Obviously

A Story by Sophie H


The Dog House The Dog House

A Story by Sophie H