TSF: Into The Darkness (Not Finished)

TSF: Into The Darkness (Not Finished)

A Story by Tiva Jade
"

Four kids are forced to go to a summer camp. The camps weird, but when they find a secret note. They realize their lives could be at stake. Can they survive before they die, or will it be too late.

"

“Mooooom!” I whined, “Why do I have to go to this stupid summer camp?” “It’s called Camp Fun Fun.” My mom, Mrs. Andersen said while pouring her coffee out of the strainer into her mug. “And your brother will be joining you.” My brother. Ew. The most annoying person in the whole world. No, wait. The whole universe. “My brother is annoying, I would rather just stay home with Fiona this summer.” I expressed. “What if I make you a deal? What if Fiona comes with you to Camp Fun Fun?” I thought about the proposition at hand. I could accept the deal, but how would I know if it was just a lie. “How will you be certain to know that Fiona will come,” I said with a hint of suspicion in her voice. “The neighbors owe use a favor for cleaning their gutters out last spring.” Us was an interesting choice of words. Evan and I did most of the work while Mrs. Andersen and Mr. Tickis (the neighbor’s dad) just sat on the porch sipping their iced tea and giggling like 1t graders. “If I have to come, then can Walter come too?” Evan said entering the room in shark pajamas. I wanted to laugh, but then mom would take away the deal. “Sure, son,” Mom responded looking almost proud that had agreed on something between us. Almost. I hadn’t agreed to anything. Walter was nice but oh so annoying. Kind of like a perfect match for Evan. I thought about the deal. If I didn’t take it then I would be in some boring camp by myself with complete strangers. If I accepted the deal then I would still be in some boring camp, but with Fiona, who made things a bit less boring. But it would also be at the company of Evan and Walter. But they were boys, so we would be in separate groups. I raised my hand up to my mom’s and we shook sternly.


I was wrong. Not something I would admit most days, but I was fatefully wrong The girls and boys were not put in separate groups, we were put in the same exact group. And the same tent. But either way, I had accepted the deal and had to run with my choice. The bus ride was very long, but half of it was on a really bump road, which was terrible for sleeping. Not for me, for Fiona. I usually read on the bus, but she was trying to sleep. We went over this huge bump, and she jumped like 4 feet. But after we got off the bus, the camp looked pretty normal. But not fun.


The whole area was covered in pavement. Like the whooooole area. There wasn’t even grass for soccer, it was pavement. And even the mountain that was viewing over the camp had a paved road all the way up. That completely ruins the whole point. “Wow, that mountain looks boring, it’s all paved,” Evan said covering his hand over his eyes, so he could see the mountain, but block out the sun. Looks like he was reading my mind. We walked over to the tables where it looked like the other kids were sitting, but the way they were glaring at us, we turned right back into a person. She was wearing a really big sun hat, with a yellow shirt and khakis. Such a terrible outfit. I noticed on her chest that she had a small name tag. She was a counselor.


“Heeeeeey, ya’lll. You guys must be the new kids.” She said way to westernly for Maine. “Well, since ya’ll signed up late, I had to put ya’ll together” At least they have some decency there. “Anyways, ya’ll look like the best of buds. Your in Diamon’ cabin. It’s near the tennis courts.” The counselor looked as if she was paranoid about something. “Oh jee, I didn’t even tell ya’ll ma name. It’s Loui. Short for Louisiana. My parents were gonna name me Louis, but I wasn’t a boy. Anyways lemme show ya around. Here’s the...” She continued ushering us around the camp showing us all the fun things we could do. Didn’t look that fun though. Mostly just stuff that you could find at a playground. In the middle of the tour, I noticed a couple of pamphlets on the table. One was about a canoe trip, and another was about some caves. I picked both up and decided I would read them later, and continued with the group. At the end of the tour, she showed us our sleeping areas. “This is usually where I sleep, but I’m giving it to you folks, ‘cause it much nicer than the other sleeping arrangement.” Four plain beds with two drawers under each of them. I don’t know how it could be worse. “Anyways, I got to go referee a dodgeball game, toodles.” I walked to each bed trying to figure out which one had the least amount of dirt and dust. I choose the one in the far corner. I placed my bag on the bed and opened up the drawer. There was something there! It was a small piece of paper. I opened it up and saw some chemical recipes on it. I had no idea what I was reading. Evan came over again and glanced at the note. I looked back up at him expecting to get a flick in the face but instead caught Evan looked worried, like really worried. I was about to ask him what was the problem, but he snatched up the note before I could say anything. “Where did you find this?’ Evan said re-reading the note very carefully, tracing over every word with his finger. “Uhhh, in the drawer. Why?” I said while inching closer to him, trying to figure out why he was being so paranoid over a bunch of random numbers. “This is a geonomical constructure.” He said while glancing over his shoulder, still looking very paranoid. “A what?” Fiona and I both said at the same time. She was listening, too. Walter wasn’t though. Until he heard those words, ‘geonomical structure’. “You said what now?” Walter said putting down his clothes and walking over to Evan. “A geonimical constructure hasn’t been found for over a hundred years. How did you find one in a drawer.” Walter was just as much interested as I and Fiona were confused. “Can we pause for a second” Fiona said while putting her hands into a pause symbol? “What is a genomical constructure.” Evan and Walter turned around looking almost annoyed that we didn’t what it was. “A geonomical constructure is an element that has only been found once by one person. This piece of paper shows that the element can be found in this camp.” Walter said. “Okay,” I said still confused why they were fanboying over a rock. “The element also kills everyone in a 50-mile radius that has been exposed to it for over 24 hours,” Evan revealed looking more serious.


“WHAT” I added. “Doesn’t that mean we’re dead?” Fiona supposed. “No, the substance doesn’t harm children.” Walter explained. “Wait,” Arabella said. “It’s not harmful to children, but what about adults. Like Loui and all the other counselors..” Everyone turned around looking at Arabella. They all paused for a second trying to think the problem out. As they thought about it they didn;t really see any other counselor, and barely any other kids.

“HEY YALL” Loui walked into the room so loudly it gave everyone a mini panic attack. Evan, still looking at the paper, stuffed it into his pants pocket. “I just realized I forgot my stuff,” She said walking to Arrabella’s bed. “I left a tiny piece of paper in there,” Loui said pointing to the drawer. In the same drawer, they found the geonomical structure. “Can you grab it for me,” Loui said to Arrabella? Arrabella was nervous. Loui knew about the paper. How? She would be dead by now. It looked like Loui was getting ancy, so Arrabela slowly opened the drawer. She wondered what she was gonna do. Then she remembered the pamphlets from earlier. She moved into the drawer, so Loui couldn’t see her taking them out of her pocket. She reached inside her pocket and grabbed the canoe trip one first. The pamphlet looked twice the size, so she flooded it up, and slowly emerged from the drawer. She handed the piece of paper, to Loui, her hand shaking. “Oh darling, are ya that cold” Arrabella looked at her hand. It was shaking pretty fast. “Ya know what, I know the perfect place for yall to go. The caves.” Loui said looking at her watch. “The group leaves in two hours, I’ll make sure they stop here” Loui checked her watch again, then exited the tent. Once she left everyone in the room gave a loud sigh. For what seemed like hour we just sat there. Until Walter got up from the bed he was sitting on walked over to me and asked, “What did you give her?” It took me a second to understand what he was asking, but then I got it, “One of the pamphlets from the table, the...uh...white water rafting.” He walked away from me and then walked back, I thought he was gonna ask me another question, but he turned right back around so it looked like he was pacing. Then he opened his mouth and started talking like he was solving a mystery. “Okay, so now we know that Loui knows about the geo-” He got interrupted right away by Fiona, “What is a geo?” Walter and Evan gave a loud sigh, and Evan answered the question, “A ‘geo’ is a nickname for geonominical structure. It’s used so scientists and students don't have to write it out really long.” Fiona nodded and Walter went back to solving. “So Loui has the ingredients and coordinates of the geo, so she knows it exists. But she didn’t give it to scientists-” This time Fiona didn’t interrupt him I did, “Why would she give it to scientists?” THe boys gave another loud sigh, and answered another one of the questions. “If you found a substance that hasn;t been found in a long time, then it would be worth a heck ton of money.” I nodded and then he continued, “She must be doing something with it.” Walter paused, he probably didn;t have the answer. None of us did. Then a thought came into my mind. The campgrounds were really large, bigger than a 50-miles so Loui herself wouldn’t be harmed walking around the camp, but she also had the formula, so she knew it was there. She would've had it in a secure place, somewhere that it wouldn;t affect other people. Somewhere like the caves!

I jumped straight off the bed, and reached into my pocket, fumbling around for the phamplet. It got it out, everyone looking at me like I was crazy. I opened it up and looked at the square miles, 100! I read it over again, making sure I hadn;t read wrong then asked then walked up to Evan and asked, “Where would you find this geo stuff?” He thought for a second and then answered, “Well it’s a rock, so either in the ground, which is very unlikely. Or in caves.” Yes! Yes, yes, yes! I knew nothing about science or any of that stuff, but I had figured this out. The group was giving me weird looks, so I clued them in. “Loui would’ve known where the geo was, because she had the ingreidnat s and coordinates, and since you said that it is underground, and in caves, the only reasonable sense is that its in the caves, and-” I was cut off by Fiona. Now I see how annoying that is. “But doesn’t the cave need to be really big, to contain the posion.” I took a sigh, still somewhat angry at the fact that she interrupted, but I brushed it aside knowing we had more important issues at hand. “




© 2021 Tiva Jade


Author's Note

Tiva Jade
It's not finished, ignore grammar problems, there aren't any chapters, and don't go easy on reviews.I want to know how sucky or good my writing is.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on January 29, 2021
Last Updated on January 29, 2021

Author

Tiva Jade
Tiva Jade

Phoenix, AZ



About
My name is Tiva Jade. I am a tenneger who likes to write stories and read other peoples. more..