Ideas #1

Ideas #1

A Story by TommyFly777
"

This isn't anything specific, this is just me writing down an idea, since I don't actually know how to start writing it. . .

"

      So my first seemingly good idea has been that there is this small group, consisting of an empathic vampire, a werewolf, a wizard, and one other supernatural creature that I haven't thought of yet. I'm not really that good with creative writing, since I don't really know how to start these kinds of things, but I am fairly decent once I start

       I have decided that my vampires are going to be a little different. They're going to be more like Jim Butcher's vampires in the Dresden Files. I really like the idea of vampires not feeding on blood, but feeding more on emotions, strong ones, like lust, hate, anger, fear, sadness, love, etc. . . Most everything would be the same about them though.

       For the werewolves, I can't really find much to change about them without actually ruining the whole werewolf picture. Except maybe. . . . Nope, I've got nothing. . .

       The wizards are going to also be more like the Dresden Files, instead of like Harry Potter. They use incantations and actually get something done, instead of casting fantastical things like they do in Harry Potter. . . I'm not really sure how to explain it. . . Also, magic conflicts with electronics, so the wizard is rendered incapable of the use of most any electronics. Only the simple ones they can use, like watches, and flashlights, before they eventually break in their presence.

       I'm not sure who else to put in, but it wouldn't be enought with just a werewolf, vamp, and a wizard. I'm keeping it more supernatural, since, ya know, Humans Can't Do S**T. . . . And stuff. . . At least normal boring humans can't do s**t. . .

       I'm thinking, for a basic plot, each species has their own government, their own leaders, their own "Top Dogs" as you would, and each species tends to hate each other. And with this hate, these species often war each other, and their is soon to be a great war against every creature on the planet. . . The more I think about it, the more cliche it gets. . . Oh well. . . But still, there needs to be a basic plot. I have no clue if that's really what it's going to come down as, but their's going to be something between them that these 4 or so people need to come together for to help stop. . . And now that I think about it, the werewolf seems pointless, unless he can tap into his wolfness whilst being a human. . . Oh well, maybe he will. . .

      Anyways, this is just my idea. I really have no clue how to go about writing things like this, and I need some help. I would really like to write something because it seem like fun. Also, help with character developement would help. . . Really just any advice willing to be given would help. Thanks if you will.


Update:

       I have decided my first "book" is going to deal with the vampire first. His name is Vorkir. I randomly chose a year, 1768, and upon further research, have found out that it was a leap year. So I'm making Vorkir born on leap day (just go with it). I have also decided to put in the more normal vampires, except they're not real vampires, instead, they are a different species. They are called the Draul. The draul are the ones who go around, drinking blood, explode/disintegrate in sunlight, morph into bats (I guess), and all that stuff. The draul and vampires are warring. 

       Extra notes, in 1768, Earth is as Earth is. All supernatural beings are hiding. I'll follow along with the 2012 stories, and magic and the supernatural are opened up to in 2012. Thus letting vamps, werewolves, wizards and the like to be part of civilization. Of course the whole story will be set at a much later date where everyone's learned to live together (Not at all peacefully, but still together).

       Vampire notes: Vampires in this world are BORN. You can't turn a human into a vampire, that's what draul do if they so wish. So vampires are born. Also, vampires are an. . . . unaging species. I can't say immortal, because they can definitely die. Vampires can't mate too often. . . Well. . . They can mate, but the possibility of offsprings are a million to one. And to top it off, Vorkir not just being born, but being born on a leap day. Mystical vampire powers there, somewhere.

© 2012 TommyFly777


Author's Note

TommyFly777
THIS IS NOT AN ACTUAL STORY, This Is Just To Get My Idea Out And Hopefully Get Advice On This In Return. I'm A Shoddy Writer With Creativity, But I Would Love To Start Creative Writing. . . Just Please Give Advice. . . Thankee Kindly! 8D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Consider these:
-For the werewolves, maybe they could choose how much of a wolf they could be at any time, like in Claymore. Depending on how much wolf power they choose to use, they get stronger and more wolf-like, but maybe they also start to lose their human mind.
-Other species could be demons, undead, or shapeshifters. Look into things like that. Browse mythological creatures on the Internet or look in a D&D guide.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TommyFly777

11 Years Ago

1) That makes a lot of sense, but I still want to keep the whole full moon thing. . .
2) That'.. read more
The Dudeman (Kenneth T)

11 Years Ago

Then perhaps the full moon gives them something even more special, like, recharges their power, and .. read more
TommyFly777

11 Years Ago

XD You're wonderful Ken. . . But now I need to figure out about writing it. . . >_>



Reviews

Consider these:
-For the werewolves, maybe they could choose how much of a wolf they could be at any time, like in Claymore. Depending on how much wolf power they choose to use, they get stronger and more wolf-like, but maybe they also start to lose their human mind.
-Other species could be demons, undead, or shapeshifters. Look into things like that. Browse mythological creatures on the Internet or look in a D&D guide.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TommyFly777

11 Years Ago

1) That makes a lot of sense, but I still want to keep the whole full moon thing. . .
2) That'.. read more
The Dudeman (Kenneth T)

11 Years Ago

Then perhaps the full moon gives them something even more special, like, recharges their power, and .. read more
TommyFly777

11 Years Ago

XD You're wonderful Ken. . . But now I need to figure out about writing it. . . >_>
=]] Yay!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 21, 2012
Last Updated on August 31, 2012
Tags: THIS IS NOT AN ACTUAL STORY, Idea, Help, Advice, I Need Help, I Need Advice, This Is Just To Show My Idea And

Author

TommyFly777
TommyFly777

EVANSVILLE,WI, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, Philippines



About
Don't Bother Asking, I Can't Explain more..

Writing