Call Again Tomorrow

Call Again Tomorrow

A Stage Play by TommyGirl22
"

Shawna, meet Neil. Neil, meet Shawna. You two will be best friends until Neil moves, then Shawna will call you everyday. (Monologue, Shawna)

"
You have reached the Johnsons. Please leave a message after the tone. 
*Beep*
SHAWNA: Hey Neil, it's Shawna. I was just calling to say that it's only been a day since you left, but we already miss you. There's a rumor that we're getting a new kid in class. He or she could never replace you though. *Sigh* You moved to Boston, right? Well I live in Boston. Who knows, maybe I'll see you around town or something. Anyways, I have to go, mom's calling me down for supper. I'll call again tomorrow. Bye.
*Click*
You have reached the Johnsons. Please leave a message after the tone.
*Beep*
SHAWNA: Hey, it's Shawna again. I had a bad day at school today. Blake made fun of me for being so short. I can't stand him. He never made fun of me when you were around though. I really, really miss you Neil. I wish you didn't have to move. *Sigh* *Pause* I still remember that day, about two months ago, when you told me I was one of your only friends. And then later you told me I was your best friend. That was great. I hope that's still true, even though you're gone. I don't even know if I'll ever see you again. Oh, supper again. I'll call again tomorrow. Bye
*Click*
You have reached the Johnsons. Please leave a message after the tone.
*Beep*
SHAWNA: Hey. It's me. I'm sorry I didn't call yesterday, I had to go to choir after school. I almost asked my mom if I could use her cellphone, but I haven't memorized your number yet. On Mondays, I won't always be able to call. Sorry. Anyways, I finished my collage for art today. Mrs. Waters said it was the best in the whoooole second grade, but I'm pretty sure she was lying. I just finished mine after everyone else, so I supposedly took more time to make it perfect. Ugh. My mom's calling me. I'll call again tomorrow.
*Click*
You have reached the Johnsons. Please leave a message after the tone.
*Beep*
SHAWNA: Hey again. It's still Shawna. I don't have very long, I'm just calling to say that I won't be able to call again until sometime after New Years. I'm going to Minnesota for Christmas, my Grandparents live there. I don't want to go, Minnesota is boring. There's nothing interesting there. *Sigh* I'll talk to you soon, I'd call again tomorrow, but...you know. Bye.
*Click*
You have reached the Johnsons. Please leave a message after the tone.
*Beep*
SHAWNA: Hey Neil, how was your winter break? Mine was horrible. There was a huge snowstorm and we couldn't do anything. My parents made me go to bed at 10 on New Years too! That's just not fair. Anways, I miss you. I have to go though, supper. I'll call again tomorrow, bye.
*Click*
You have reached the Johnsons. Please leave a message after the tone.
*Beep*
SHAWNA: Hey Neil. Sorry I haven't been very good about calling you in the last few months. I'm really busy and honestly, I forget sometimes. I mean, I haven't forgotten you...I'm just really spacey sometimes. So the last day of school was today. Belle's moving. I'll miss her. Oh, and I'm starting 3rd grade in Boston! Not the same school you're at, but it's on the same side of town so we'll go to school together again in 6th grade. I can't wait! I miss seeing you at school all the time! Ugh, Ian was horrible today. He's the kid that replaced you when you left. I mean, no one could ever replace you, he just took your place. Anyways, he's super annoying. Crap, I have to go. I'll call again tomorrow, bye.
*Click*
You have reached the Andersons. Please leave a message after the tone.
*Beep*
SHAWNA: Hey it's me. Sorry I haven't called in awhile, I've been really busy this summer. *Sigh* Thank God for 6th grade. Oh, I lost your phone number yesterday, it's a good thing I have it memorized. I better write it down before I forget. I have to gothough, my mom is trying to call. I'll call again tomorrow. See ya.
*Click*
You have reached the Johnsons. Please leave a message after the tone.
*Beep*
SHAWNA: Hi again Neil, it's Shawna. I keep forgetting to write down your number. I almost forgot it, too. It took me like 5 minutes to remember it. I don't really have anything to say today, except that I'm sad summer is half over. I don't want to go to school in Boston. I want to stay in Somerville. *Sigh* At least I have 6th grade to look forward to. Only 3 more years Neil, only 3 more years. Anywyas, that's all I have to say, so I guess I'll call again tomorrow. Bye.
*Click*
Hey, you've reached Samantha Olson! Sorry I can't take your call right now, but if you leave your name, number, and a quick message, I'll call back as soon as I-
*Click*
Well hello there human of Earth. This is John Marx, but you've just missed me! Just leave a message and I'll call you back later, 'kay?Well, you know what to do after the-
*Click*
You've reached the Johnsons, please leave your name and number along with your message and we'll call back ASAP!
*Beep*
SHAWNA: Oh hi. I'm sorry, I guess I have the wrong number. I'm trying to call my friend, who moved, but I lost his number and now...I guess I forgot it, even though I called him every day. Okay, not every day. I forgot to call a lot. I called him like a month ago and now I can't remember his number. Thank God I'll see him again in 3 years. Anyways, sorry to bother you. I won't call again tomorrow. Bye.
*Click*

© 2013 TommyGirl22


Author's Note

TommyGirl22
Based on a true story

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on September 23, 2013
Last Updated on September 24, 2013
Tags: Call Again Tomorrow, phone, call, message, friends

Author

TommyGirl22
TommyGirl22

About
Author (Mostly Fan Fictions), singer, trumpet player, human being :) more..