On Somerton Lane

On Somerton Lane

A Story by TJ Graham
"

Under the lamppost...on Somerton Lane.

"

On Somerton Lane


They found him on Somerton Lane.
Without a name, nor an identity.
The dim light from the lamppost shone upon his face, yet he was still a faceless man.
He had no family, no friends, nor a home.
Dozens of people walked by convinced that he was feigning sleep.
Some even managed to slip a few dollars into the pocket of his jacket.
He had been like that for several hours straight, before they found him on Somerton Lane.

The police discovered that they couldn’t conclude the cause of his death, that there were no known witnesses.
That he was just a middle-aged man who sat dead under a lamppost on Somerton Lane, with money in his pocket and nowhere to go.
Questions were asked, people interrogated. But no one could figure who the man found dead on Somerton Lane was.

But only I know who it was that killed me.

 

It was you.

© 2010 TJ Graham


Author's Note

TJ Graham
Inspired by a real unsolved 'mystery' about "The Somerton Man" case, who was found dead on Somerton Beach in Adelaide, Australia on December 1st, 1948.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love the title. Totally juxtaposes my expectations of content. As does the ending. And it wasn't me.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You're my favorite writer sir! lol

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

426 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 4, 2010
Last Updated on September 4, 2010

Author

TJ Graham
TJ Graham

Castle Rock, CO



About
According to "I Write Like", I have the literary talents similar to Margaret Mitchell, author of 'Gone With The Wind'. That's too bad, I was hoping It'd say Stephanie Meyer, because I'd be able to thr.. more..

Writing
Rookie Rookie

A Story by TJ Graham


Fall Fall

A Story by TJ Graham


Mother Mother

A Poem by TJ Graham