Old Love Dies Hard

Old Love Dies Hard

A Story by Toni Blackerby
"

its just something i thought of

"
There sat Margo, a spunky old woman, Siting alone in the park as she always did,Everyday in the same spot for six years.She is an elderly woman of eighty who wears the strongest perfume you would ever smell,Its said that you could smell her from all fore corners of the park.Everyday I would sit an look at her.
But I made a mistake I looked at her to long and she noticed then before I realized what was going on she shuffled in my direction and sat down near me.She said to me something I will never forget she said "You look at me everyday, but you never ask me anything. you see you don't have to ask the question I already know.I come and sit in this park everyday because My husband past on about seven years ago and for a year I never left my house, I sat and cried all day without end.Then one day I looked out my window to this park oh, how he loved this park.We would come here and walk for hours on end.How I can remember the long talks we had about life and how much we loved each other.Then one day he didn't come home on time,and I was informed later that he had been in a car accident,But even though he is gone im still here and he wouldn't like it one bit if I was to sit and cry over him dying for the rest of my life.So one day i just starting coming out here and I never stopped". Those words seemed to last forever. After she had gone I sat there thinking for hours,how could love last after death? Then  it struck me like lightning pure raw emotion never dies.Later that week I heard on the news about an elderly woman dying. Her name was Margo,but it was the one year anniversary of her death?

© 2012 Toni Blackerby


Author's Note

Toni Blackerby
i like it but what do u think

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's good. But when on WritersCafe, try and space and use proper punctuation and writing style.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Toni Blackerby

11 Years Ago

i know anthony " oh great one" thanx for tellin me
Anthony Q Armstrong

11 Years Ago

lol
Toni Blackerby

11 Years Ago

:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

291 Views
1 Review
Added on September 13, 2012
Last Updated on September 13, 2012

Author

Toni Blackerby
Toni Blackerby

lewisburg, TN



About
Im very.......weird but I love to write. but there will be some mistakes cuz I aint that good :) I hope you like my stuff. Also please do not judge me on the way I look I know im not much to look at b.. more..

Writing