How to Walk Your Cat on a Leash, and Why You Should

How to Walk Your Cat on a Leash, and Why You Should

A Story by TonySofin
"

Several tips on how to give your pet a joyful and safe walk outside the house. Learn why new experience is good for your cat and how to take them outdoors with the help of a harness and a leash.

"

Do you like to take a small walk from time to time, enjoying a beautiful weather and fresh air? Your cat would surely be happy to do the same! Walking your cat on a leash will grant both of you a fascinating experience.




Why Is It Good to Walk Your Pet

Are you still considering whether you should give it a try? Let us show you all the positive sides.

First of all, it is always useful to change the environment. Outside a house, pets have endless opportunities to experience something they couldn’t in a closed space. There are trees to bark, insects to chase after, new smells and thrilling views. Unusual surroundings encourage animal’s brains and muscles to work in a different way keeping them fit and healthy.


How to Convince Your Cat

Not all pets are eager to wear any accessories or to discover the great outer world. But don’t be afraid! The following tips are your way to succeed in this task.


  • Start with choosing the most convenient leash and harness. Before making your decision look through a review of cat harness to learn about various designs, types, and functions.

  • Allow your little fluffy friend to get used to a new walking gear. Let them play with it and wear it indoors first.

  • When kitty feels comfortable in a harness, it is time to take a step across the threshold. Don’t force it �" give a cat enough time to look around and choose a direction they want to go.


Just have a little patience. You will see: once the fear of the unknown is gone, your four-legged companion becomes more confident and every walk turns into an exciting adventure.


Variants Other Than a Walk on a Leash

Some felines don’t warm up to a leash and harness no matter how hard you try to persuade them. But wait �" there are other ways to immerse in the natural world. For example, arrange a cat patio �" so-called catio. This fenced area gives a feeling of freedom while keeping your pet in a complete safety. You can also take a cat wherever you go with the help of a cat stroller or a special bag.


There is a rich, interesting and happy life waiting on the other side of the entrance door. So what would you say, are you ready to show it to your cat?

© 2018 TonySofin


Author's Note

TonySofin
Start with choosing the most convenient leash and harness. Before making your decision look through a review of cat harness to learn about various designs, types, and functions.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on September 13, 2018
Last Updated on September 13, 2018
Tags: cat, cat on leash, walking cat on leash

Author

TonySofin
TonySofin

About
Dog Lover and Journalist. Writing about animals is a job of his dreams. When he’s not writing or spending time with his beloved dog, Charles, he enjoys road cycling. more..