we are but human after all

we are but human after all

A Poem by Topkat

When we run, we are dying. Exercising not for the vitality of our minds, but for the aesthetics of our skin. When what covers the eyes is lies yet what shines behind them is what's really disguised. In the ocean of our minds the air rises to the shallows of the shore, all to applaud, whilst we ignore the depths we ought to explore. We are but human after all. It's the complex nature to celebrate another who's achievements overshadow that of a greater. When we starve our lives of all but food, and nutrition becomes a reality hue. Feeding on the actions of what others do, the actions in which we partake too. We hide our faces in plain sight, masked fake beauty, lost in fright. Basque in glory for all to see, the riches of our poverty. We are the mighty, we must fall. We are but human after all.

© 2017 Topkat


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on May 28, 2017
Last Updated on May 28, 2017

Author

Topkat
Topkat

North West, United Kingdom



About
Full time axe grinder & Super Daddy. I write down words and hope they make sense. I like to let my imagination spiral off into imaginary worlds and situations, then try to record them as if they actua.. more..

Writing
Fox Fox

A Poem by Topkat


One wish One wish

A Poem by Topkat