Inamorata

Inamorata

A Story by T. R. Writer
"

A short Story

"

          She passes by me as if I don’t exist, but I’m not offended. I know soon we will meet. I’ve been patient. I enjoy watching her, seeing her smile, hearing her voice. Her English accentadds to her radiance. Her long legs, waifish figure, high cheekbones and hazels eyes captivate me.

When I first saw her she had a boyfriend. I had to wait for her to find out that he was a two-timing jerk, even though that meant me following him around and snapping pictures of him with another woman doing things he should only be doing with her. I mailed those pictures to her annoynomously. She broke up with him the next day. That made me smile.
I’ve known her for almost two years. I’ve watched her hair go from brown to blond. I know her favorite food, her favorite colors. I even know when her menstrual cycle is on. I know more about her than any of the jerks she’s dated because unlike them I pay attention to her. I really, pay attention to her.
She never pays attention to me. She never sees me watching her. She never notices when she passes by me on her way to work, even when I lean in to get a whiff of her perfume or eat lunch a few tables across from her in her favorite restaurant. I love the way she holds her utensils, never puts her elbows on the table, the gentle way she laughs whenever she reads something funny on her Blackberry and the way she bites her lower lip when she’s in deep thought. I am invisible to her. That’s okay. I know soon she will know me. She will love me.
Her last boyfriend really pissed me off. I hated the way he treated her. I watched her come home some nights with a smile on her face, other times with tears in her eyes. I wanted to help her, but I couldn’t because he was there. He was always there. Until the night I followed him home. He hasn’t been there since. I felt bad watching her mourn. She thinks he was the victim of a random armed robbery gone wrong. She has no ideal that his death was necessary. He sacrificed his life for our love to live.
She deserves to be happy. She deserves to be with a man that is crazy for her. Soon I will knock on her door with roses in my hand and her favorite Chinese takeout. She will smile and be happy that I finally came for her. She’ll be blown away. Absolutely… blown away.
 

© 2008 T. R. Writer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'd like to introduce you to my sister. :)
This is a creepy story.
I suppose her boyfriend deserved it though, hu?
Have fun

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm so glad to see this back up again...nothing was worse than going around this site after everything happened and seeing all the blank pages. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A thrill ride with an ending that leaves one wondering..... Is a BA52 needed or a homicide detective (murder/suicide) or just happily ever after? WOW

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This reminds me a bit of a book called. The collector. I'm a thousand miles or so from my home so I can't tell you the author right off hand and I'm very sorry about that. The book that I have has a butterfly and lock on it.

Even so with it reminding me of something I read I do like the piece. Mostly because you tend to really get into the details. And not so far where it's microscopic and you lose what you're looking at. But close enough to really want some of us to follow this person around.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Dang Torey, I had no idea where this was going at all and I love that. At first I thought it was the story of a devoted boyfriend and I thought - like probably all women who will read this - that this woman was lucky to have such a great guy in their life. Then he says she doesn't know him, and instantly this "great guy" became creepy to me, but not in a bad way...so then you take it even further and now I have chills. I don't see anything in this that isn't perfect. Of course I'm still creeped out, but hopefully that will pass soon. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Couple of errors to be corrected:

I mailed those pictures to her annoynomously. [SP] Should be anonymously.

I've watched her hair go from brown to blond. [SP] Should be blonde.

She has no ideal [Should be "idea"] that his death was necessary.

While I think "Obsession" or "Stalker" would better define the man in your story, from his perspective I'm sure that he thinks it's love. Such is the way such a man's mind works.

I think your ending is very provoking ...

"She'll be blown away. Absolutely� blown away."

My mind can't help but wonder if she will literally be "blown away" once he discovers that she's not happy to see him, that she is not in love with him, and that his advances have been rebuffed.

I think your story is very insightful as to the perspective of the obsessor, while also portraying nicely the obliviousness of the obsessee.

Very well done and a nice length as well. Not too short; not too long. Just right.


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 7, 2008
Last Updated on February 24, 2008

Author

T. R. Writer
T. R. Writer

Orlando, FL



About
Hello everyone! I am so glad I found this group. Writing can be such a lonlely life. Anyway, I have been writing since the 1st grade where I wrote and illustrated my first short story. I didn't ta.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Innocence Innocence

A Poem by Lisasview