Perfect Stranger

Perfect Stranger

A Story by T. R. Writer
"

A short story

"

I was awakened suddenly by a beautiful woman I had met and bedded in the span on a few hours, not my usual thing, but this was an unusual woman.

She was eccentric in a way that made her look both beautiful and odd all at the same time. She had a forehead so big that it made Tyra Banks’ look diminutive in comparison and emerald green eyes that contrasted nicely with her copper colored complexion. She could’ve been charged with kidnapping the way she enslaved me with her gaze.

Now those same hypnotic eyes were full of fear. Her fingers gripped my shoulder tightly and she was trembling. Just like that her fear was transferred to me. I jumped up out of the bed, my eyes slow to adjust to the dimly lit room.

“What’s going on?” I whispered.

“They’re out there.”

“Who’s out there?”

“Aliens. They’ve come to take me back.”

“What?” I smiled nervously. I would have thought she was joking if it wasn’t for the sweat that covered her face and the way she hid behind me as if I were her sole protector.

“They’ve come from me. I don’t want to go back.”

“Calm down, there is no one out there.”

“They’re at the door.”

I walked to the door slowly, my legs trembling slightly. I had no doubt that when I opened the door there would be nothing there, but somewhere deep inside I was afraid. I believed in aliens. I had never seen one or a UFO, hoped I never did, but I still believed in them.

I looked back at her. She was behind my sofa now, peering like someone who expected all hell to break loose once that door opened. I swallowed hard, balled my right hand into a tight fist as if that were going to defend me from an alien with some sort of futuristic weapon or superhuman strength.

I placed my sweaty hand on the door knob and in one quick motion swung it open. My heart stopped for a brief second, and then I let out a sigh of relief. I turned around so she could see that nothing was there but her wide-eyed stare and open mouth told me that she wasn’t relieved.

“Behind you!” She yelled. My hands in fist, I spun around fast, too fast, I lost my balance and fell looking up at nothing.

I got up slowly and looked across the room at the beautiful and frightened girl who was now creeping me out.

“Have you been doing any drugs?” I asked, my nice guy demeanor quickly dissipating.

“No.”

“Are you on any medication?”

“I gotta get out of here.”

“Wait, let me call someone. There’s a special place for people like you where you can get some help.”

“You don’t understand, I have to go.”

She ran past me and out the door. I went to the window expecting to see her sprinting across the empty field adjacent to my apartment, but instead I was blinded by bright lights. I turned my head at first, and then shaded my eyes as my heart got lodged in my throat and stopped beating.

In front of me, in the empty field was a large space ship. Its door slowly opened and the beautiful stranger that had been in bed with me only moments ago was standing in front of it. It appeared as if she were paralyzed and under some sort of mind control. I watched as she walked onto the spaceship and just as suddenly as it had appeared it spun up into the sky, once again blinding me.

I picked up my cell phone. My hands trembled as I stared out into the sky, struggling to dial 911.

“911 what’s your emergency?”

My heart, lodged in my throat, made it impossible for me to speak.

“911 what’s your emergency?”

“Uh… uh… this girl… she just… she just got abducted by aliens.”

“Sir?”

“This girl… she just… a spaceship came… she’s gone… aliens… she’s gone.”

“Okay sir, what’s your address. We have a special place for people like you where you can get some help.”

 

© 2008 T. R. Writer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on February 12, 2008
Last Updated on February 24, 2008

Author

T. R. Writer
T. R. Writer

Orlando, FL



About
Hello everyone! I am so glad I found this group. Writing can be such a lonlely life. Anyway, I have been writing since the 1st grade where I wrote and illustrated my first short story. I didn't ta.. more..

Writing