Confessions of the Other Woman

Confessions of the Other Woman

A Story by Tori D.

 

First things first: I am not a man-stealer. I'm not a philanderer. I'm definitely not a b***h or a w***e. I'm a normal, nice, teen-age girl looking for a meaningful relationship. I just seem attracted to the wrong type of n****s, you know? And I come out looking like the bad one. But it's really not my fault!
Okay, deep breath; I need to slow down. I’m Sierra, but the name’s really not that important. I’m one of those chicks that girls with a man hate. I walk down the halls at school with all eyes on me. I like to imagine they are saying good things about me when they whisper behind their hands. I know the truth though. I know what everyone really thinks of me.
Generally, I hear variations of only two phrases. It’s either, “Look at that skank-a*s s**t!” from some girl who is mad because she saw her boyfriend talking to me, or, “Si, when you gone let me hit that?” from some random-a*s lil boy wanting to find out for himself whether the rumors are true. I guess it goes without saying that I don’t have many friends. Actually, I don’t have any, although I used to have plenty of them. It’s the boys that are to blame.
I always get the guys that got girls. I don’t mean for it to happen, it just does. Most of the time I don’t even know until I start getting phone calls from some chick making threats. When I find out, it’s over. Well, most of the time. There have been a few occasions where I tried to hold on, but it sorta dissolved after the girl left. There was no more sneaking around, no more “fun” for the guy; the thrill was gone, and so was he. I knew that none of those guys wanted to be with me, they just figured I’d be good for a quick f**k when ol’ girl wasn’t having it.
The truth is, I didn’t just lay down for everyone. I’ll admit it, there were a few more than you’d expect for a seventeen-year-old. It started as a freshman. My best friend was “talking” to a junior; he claimed they weren’t. Man, we just seemed perfect for each other! We could trip out with each other and be equally as serious. He challenged me mentally, and emotionally, and physically. He seemed to complete me. I really loved him. I slept with him. It was cool until I broke down and told my friend. For about seven months we still kicked it. Then for almost three months I didn’t hear a word from him. Middle of first semester my sophomore year: I was talking to a couple of folks; he was hooked up. Out of nowhere he calls me up to see if I was still down for him. And I was. I don’t know why, but I was.
Long story short, we had our own thing going on through all of my boys and all his girls. My friend? We were cool. Not as cool as before, but it wasn’t no catfight s**t. But n****s were a touchy subject until the day she moved to another school. Especially the one I gave it up to. It didn’t take long for most of the school to know anout the whole situation. Before long, his friend was going around telling folks, “Y’all know Sierra give good head, right? Man, that girl ain’t nothing but a freak!”
And who was I gonna defend my reputation to? The girls shunned me. The guys would much rather accept me as a brain-giver than a good girl. Who’s left? Me, myself and I. I was alone in everything dealing with school. Do you know how pathetic it is for everyone in the sophomore class except you to be invited to the biggest party of the year? Trust me, I do.
Tenth grade was stressful, to say the least. All the boys I was interested in thought about me for only one thing. There were a few who would talk to me, act friendly or whatever. But I always felt so paranoid that they didn’t really want to get to know me. There was always suspicion of the unspoken sexuality that always lingered in our conversations. I unconsciously felt more hostility towards them than I did the ones that openly hit on me.
By second semester it was too much. I had to get away from all that. I moved from New York down to Atlanta with my cousin to start over. I wanted to break the cycle, ya know?
But why am I telling you this? You know the whole story Doc. It’s all in my files, right? Guess I just needed to get it off my chest and explain some things.
Mainly what I wanted to say is that your man is a dog. Trust me, I know. You need to just leave him alone, he aint worth it.
I’m Sorry,
 
 
The Other Woman
 

© 2008 Tori D.


Author's Note

Tori D.
This is something that i wrote several years ago. September 29, 2000 to be exact. It was meant to be a prologue to one of the dozens of books that i've started to write and have yet to finish. I dont really remember why i started the story in this direction, or what the main storyline was supposed to be. I only recently found this and decided maybe i'd give it another crack. I've developed the premise for the story, but figured i'd share what i have so far. Please let me know what you think. All constructive criticism is appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have great story-telling ability and I like your style.
Excellent write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very original storyline. I agree with Danielle as far as the whole "being completely shunned" thing and the character development. Other than that, it's shaping out to be a compelling story. Keep it going. And I like the angle of talking to a psychiatrist (or at least I think that's what she's doing, though the whole "your man is no good" part threw me off. lol.)

Posted 15 Years Ago


this is really nice ,your style is really captivating ,true story teller ,and you do it in a very exciting way ,i just kept reading so fast to know whats next ,really the way you tell it is just great ,if you have a real plot on this i think you should go on with it in details,all these stories about relations between people especially intriguing relations where there is something strange i it ,it will be great to hear more and more i think you should expand on this and go in details,you are doing a great job as i said these stories relating to strange relations usually are very nice to read ,really enjoyed your story,just wonderful

Posted 15 Years Ago


Okay there is alot you can do with this. Think of your audience. I know for certain that no girl gets completely shunned from the rest. Especially in highschool. There are people who act phoney to your face, but speak they mind behind your back. Also it's almost too impossible for your character to have gone through highschool, with all of those rumors and not have gotten into some kind of fight or gotten jumped. What i got from this was that she's moving to atlanta to try in start over but there is going to be some kind of conflict, and the way you worded it was good, it left me wondering...hmmm i wonder if she's going to do right? or what kind of trouble she's going to get herself into. This kind of lacked description to me also, you didn't describe any of the characters, not even the main character. All we get is this one-sided view of how people few her, she really doesn't have much depth.

I think you should also write this same chapter in third person and see how it looks. * i do that to see if where i'm trying to go, or where i think i might want to go fits with me writing in first person or third person* it might help.

*sorry for the longness* Anyways send me a request when you post the next part. I can't wait to read more of this. I really do want to see where your plot will go.

D

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 30, 2008
Last Updated on October 1, 2008

Author

Tori D.
Tori D.

MS



About
I have been writing poetry, songs and short stories since elementary school, but I just recently started to write seriously. I focus mostly on poetry and music, but throw short stories in here and the.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Run Away I Run Away

A Poem by Rain