Facts about Tornado Safe Rooms Tulsa

Facts about Tornado Safe Rooms Tulsa

A Story by Ardon Gerrard
"

A home may be built to code, but it will still not be strong enough to withstand the intense winds in case of a tornado or hurricane. This is the reason why people build tornado safe rooms, Tulsa whic

"
A home may be built to code, but it will still not be strong enough to withstand the intense winds in case of a tornado or hurricane. This is the reason why people build tornado safe rooms Tulsa which can protect them and their families in the case of such a natural calamity. Once you go through a natural disaster a safe room can relieve some of the anxiety built up while undergoing a threat of a tornado or hurricane. Such a room can be built underground, but in that case you also will have to consider water coming in during strong rains. This is the reason why it is best to build such a room above ground and in an easily accessible area of the house. Many driveway contractors Tulsa. Ok offer the services of building storm safe rooms in your home or office.

A tornado safe room can be built in a master closet in a bedroom, any bathroom in the house, basement of the house, any interior room on the first floor, the garage, or any concrete slab on grade foundation. Such a room will provide all the protection that you will require as it will be able to withstand high winds and any flying debris. While building a tornado safe room some things should be taken into consideration. First of all the connections between the walls and the ceilings of the room should be strong enough to resist high winds. The sections of the walls must not be connected to the structure of the building. This is to avoid any damage to the tornado safe room in case of damage to the building. The anchoring of the room should be strong enough to ensure that it does not get overturned or uplifted due to strong winds. All the walls, doors and ceiling should be strong enough to withstand wind pressure and debris penetration.

Usually for a small family, tornado safe rooms Tulsa should be at least 8 feet by 8 feet in size. If you are relying on this room for tornado protection then it is best to provide for at least 5 square feet space per person as it is not a long lasting disaster. Hurricanes on the other hand can last up to 12 hours and in this case you should provide for 10 square feet space per person. At the same time there should also be a toilet and running water to ensure comfort during this long wait. A safe room built by driveway contractors Tulsa. OK or any other specialist should be stocked with necessary survival items.

Author Bio:

The author writes about tornado safe rooms Tulsa in this article. He also has information about driveway contractors Tulsa. OK>.

© 2014 Ardon Gerrard


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Things to do in Tulsa to ensure you ain't dead?

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 26, 2014
Last Updated on August 26, 2014
Tags: Tornado Safe Rooms Tulsa, Driveway Contractors Tulsa. OK