Why Does Love Have To Be The Most Tasteful Poison?

Why Does Love Have To Be The Most Tasteful Poison?

A Story by TragicallyHuman
"

Love can be addicting but consequently.

"

There is a guy, who managed to make me fall in love. His voice takes me over, and his words pull me under. He’s very slick, and a player, of which I already know. He plays my heart like it’s a game of poker. Messing around, making the games confusing. His love is like a bottle of poison. I know it’s bad for me, that I shouldn’t have it. But I sip it, enjoying the taste. A little doesn’t do any harm, but because of the taste it lures me in. I continue to drink the bottle. Knowing the consequences, but too busy enjoying the taste. It’s not until later I fill with regret. When the pain starts and the pleasure ends. No longer happy, I lay in my bed. The pain in my chest grows stronger as I give in. Right when I’m about to give up, I take the antidote. The antidote of which is time. I wait with patience as the pain slowly rises out of my chest. As time passes, I feel better, until the next time I decided to drink the poison again.

© 2018 TragicallyHuman


Author's Note

TragicallyHuman
Not exactly deep, but to me seems true. Sorry for any errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 16, 2018
Last Updated on May 16, 2018
Tags: Love, Poison, Pain

Author

TragicallyHuman
TragicallyHuman

About
My pieces are short and can be quite random. I love helping others and hope to write something that inspires people one day. I am 14. more..

Writing