Modern Ahab

Modern Ahab

A Story by Ivan A. Bosco

"You ugly son of a b***h, got ya" he yelled as he threw an old tennis shoe at the mosquito. His rancid laugh echoed through his room, he was victorious, he killed his enemy, he could now rest.
Minutes passed, they turned into hours and he still wasn't asleep, he felt nervous. Did he really killed the mosquito? "The biggest sonuvabitch I've ever seen" he thought to himself. He clearly remembers the shoe flying against the insect, but he couldn't recall seeing the actual corpse of the victim, only his momentary victory, which now seemed far from being such.

He let the time pass and after what looked like hours he heard it. "buzz, buzz, the f****r ain't dead yet" he moaned, he jumped out of bed and grabbed the other shoe, for the first one was out of sight, he turned and whirled and moaned, he was in a fight against nature, against a spy, an almost invisible one. "sneaky, sneaky, let's see who turns out winning this one". Then he saw it! His foe was hanging from one of the walls, great big insect wings, long skinny legs and there it was, the biggest, ugliest mosquito he had ever seen. Terror shook him cold, nausea filled his throat and he felt weak, he lost control and let the shoe slip through his hand, he was defenseless, but he could not let an insect reign over him, "never in my darn life".

He jumped back to bed, grabbed another shoe, swung it and threw hit, fail, the mosquito remained quite, waiting for his human opponent to surrender so he could suck some blood, but he would not surrender that easily, he regained his position and threw again the same shoe, hit! The mosquito buzzed and fell to the ground, trying to flee, snarling with little noises, he was looking at his former enemy, now lying defenseless on the ground, "served you pesky f****r" he squashed him good, the mosquito had ceased to live, man reigned supreme again. 

© 2015 Ivan A. Bosco


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on December 1, 2015
Last Updated on December 1, 2015

Author

Ivan A. Bosco
Ivan A. Bosco

Cuernavaca , Central Mexico, Mexico



About
I'll write and I'll read more..

Writing