It's Not Fake

It's Not Fake

A Story by TraskVancity
"

My opinion on people that call wrestling "fake" that know nothing about the business. I explain how it isn't fake, and the injuries and hardships you go through just to make it in the business.

"

It's been my life ever since I was born. It's in my blood and I refuse to let it go. It's something that I can't live without, and if I lost it all hell would break loose. I didn't cling to my toys or cheer on my hometown sports team. I turned on my TV and watched all these super athletes put their lives on the line, captivating millions and millions of fans. It's my lifestyle and I knew it would be from a young age. Whenever I see my idols walk out to they're special entrance music and hear the crowd burst into elation, it reminds me why I love it so much. The times when childhood dreams come true, and they hold up the gold, the times when that special hero in your heart has to leave the business for good. The times when your favorite comes out and you do they're entrance with them and hum the lyrics. The times when the bad guy tries to tear your hopes and aspirations apart by terrorizing your little soul which rests in the hands of your hero. These things make what I watch and aspire immortal to me. It's pro wrestling and it's my life.


I just can't live without it, it's always on my mind but there is a problem to go along with this fantastic product. Almost everyone I talk to that doesn't watch it says its "fake". Well if that's the case let's refer to the 1998 King of the Ring Hell in a Cell match which put Mankind against The Undertaker. Mick Foley, known as "Mankind" back in this time fell off the top of the cage onto the announce table below which was one of the biggest "bumps" taken in wrestling history! He almost died that night and had multiple life threatening injuries plus multiple teeth knocked out. Do you think the match ended there? Mick incredibly went on with the match and a few minutes later got choke slammed THROUGH the cage taking another bump from the exact same height landing on a stiff ring and going through that as well. He even got up from that and went on still! My point being is that wrestling isn't fake. Wrestling is scripted, and the matches are typically choreographed and put together well before the match actually happens.


The injuries caused are completely REAL, and you have to be in top shape mentally, and physically to even consider living the life. The business is what I live for, and it's what keeps me grounded and teaches me life lessons. The millions of pro wrestling fans and I all want to send a message to the closed minded people that think wrestling is fake. Why don't you go and try what Mick Foley did in that hell in the cell match? Why don't you spend 300+ days a year away from everything you love and cherish? Why don't you talk in front of a live audience of over 10 million each week without it getting underneath your skin. The wrestling business isn't for the faint of heart. It's for the select few that can't live without it. In that case, I better get training cause the last thing I want is to be known as a "fan". I want to live the life!

© 2014 TraskVancity


Author's Note

TraskVancity
What's your opinion on the wrestling business?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Author

TraskVancity
TraskVancity

Vancouver, BC , Canada



About
The only Trask in the IWC. I do wrestling discussion and review videos on YT. HUGE Wrestling/MMA/Sports fan. Marking out since 98'. more..