Fear Love and escape

Fear Love and escape

A Story by TravelinAlaskan
"

A vivid dream of fear and love put on paper.

"
 I had a dream that I knew you well and deeply loved you. But in my waking consciousness, I don't know you, though the failings for you linger.
   I started my journey with you in a tactical panic. With a feeling of fear that you weren't safe and the knowledge that unless we got far enough away neither of us would be free.
   It is sometime during the day but it is dark and the air feels of winter, it is cold. Flashes of lightening in the distance shows a storm on its way. All I can see of you is orange with the dark black numbers over your left breast pocket. The terrain is flat but uneven with tall grass. As the lightning flashes I can see in the distance mountains, and before them a forest and that was where I knew we must go.
   We were running so long, and we new we couldn't stop. There was no place to hide no cover. So we ran.
   I saw a light to my right, then noise. A train! It was running slow but gaining speed, we must get on that train. We ran hard and we ran fast. As we grew closer I could see that many of the cars are badly damaged and riddled with holes, and we grew closer. 
   We make it to the train and it is still slow enough to run next to but we are late, the last car is here. With the last of our strength we sprint, the doors are open and there is a gaping hole towards the rear of the car. A latter twisted and broken stretched out from the edge of that broken hole, lending us help to climb on.
   Her first, she is all that matters, if I didn't make it it would be okay. They’re! good, she's on, and I'm fallowing right behind. Dripping wet from rain and sweat we look for comfort. The car is drafty, riddled with holes and tears. The car is empty except for a few scraps of sheet metal which I use to try to block the wind in a corner.
    The rain and grits flows through the car keeping us cold and wet. We shiver uncontrollably and the exhaustion keeps us from getting up and trying to warm ourselves. All we can do is try to warm one another. She sits between my legs and I wrap myself around her giving all the warmth I can, but I begin to feel it’s not going to matter. It's so cold.
   I drifted in and out of consciousness. It felt like only minutes going by but it was hours. At one point I woke and the weather was worse, I was positive that was going to be it. The next time I woke the storm had broke and we were almost comfortable. For almost a day we sat in the corner of that car watching trees and hills go by.
  Then the train came to an abrupt halt. It alarmed me, that didn't seem to be a normal stop. I carefully leaned over and looked out the open door. There were people on horses coming towards us. We have to get out and hide! I can't tell who these people are, friend foe? We're so tired, our muscles ache, we try to run to the trees. Useless. We are seen and surrounded. I hold her tight expecting to die then and there, shore and then one of them speaks points to her and says something, but my heart is pounding so hard it drowns out his words in my ears.  
   I soon realize he recognized the orange suit with black numbers, and without a pause they told us that we're still not safe, but we're close, and with that we were given a horse, pointed in the direction we needed to go, and we rode.
  We avoided populated areas as much as possible. After riding all day and all night we fell asleep still riding. I woke to a man and a child holding the rains of the horse asking me if I was alright. We're fine I replied and asked where are we? The man simply looked at me and said you're safe. But who is we? A pit instantly opened up in my stomach and I turned to see she was gone. She must have fallen asleep and falling off. Jumping down from the horse I ran down the road and as I crested the small hill I saw her. She was following the tracks that the horse had left behind.
   I yelled and started running as fast as my bruised and torn muscles would let me, and she did the same. When we met all I could do was embrace her and sob; we are safe.

© 2015 TravelinAlaskan


Author's Note

TravelinAlaskan
My first and hopefully not my lass. Have at it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on November 30, 2015
Last Updated on November 30, 2015

Author

TravelinAlaskan
TravelinAlaskan

I don't live in a city, or even the town, there aren't even roads where I live, my car is a boat., AK



About
I've never been any good at this part but here it goes. I was born on an island in Southeast Alaska with a population of 15,000 and an airport that wasn't even on the same Island. While I was growi.. more..

Writing