Royal Order

Royal Order

A Story by Kait
"

Tribute to Ray Bradbury 8-22-20~6/5/2012

"

In the airspace over Glasgow, there used to be a castle which held the most powerful rulers in all the Heptra universe.


Inside its' iron clad walls, covered in grease and moss, was a spectacular sight of all the Kingdoms people running and crying in fright. The 2 Kings and 2 Queens pondered in dismay about the current state of things being portrayed. No harsh treatment, no disrespect, there was just a man walking around with a broken neck. All peoples were clothed and all we fed, no one went hungry, not even the dead.

As they sat atop the tallest tower one King said to another
"we can't let this go on much longer."

"What can we do?"

"there isn't much we can do"

"but something has to work!?"

They all turned and leaned over to get a view of the commune below. Everything was chaos, even the birds did crow, never in the midst of summer was there a crow. However, this year was special.

"Not in 450 years of reign have I seen anything like this, nor heard of anything like this, besides folk lore of course." said the patterned blue and purple queen.

"Was there ever a more gruesome sight, than of children chopping off mothers head?" said the gold and red king.

"Believe it or not there is; feasting on flesh is much worse than killing the dead." replied the black and silver queen.

A loud bang on the door gave them all a lump, though not in the chest but in the rump.

"L-L-Lets fly over them, they can't touch us then" said the powder blue and white king

A scraping bang hit the door again


"We're surrounded and flying won't do, they'll follow us and fall to the world below, unleashing an evil on innocent people, who are never to know" affirmed the black and silver queen.


"But if we perish who will rule Heptra?" inquired the patterned purple and blue queen.


"Who's to say all the other Kingdoms aren't the same?" grimly retorted by the gold and red king.


The door swung open to reveal a woman, 3 men and a young boy, scanning the room for their supper.


The Kings and Queens made haste toward the door on the right of the rectangular room but the patrons beat them there.


A leg, a hand, a back and a head were the detrimental accessories in reach of the flesh eaters, all four of the nobility hit the floor without a conscious thought of their existence.

© 2012 Kait


Author's Note

Kait
Should they turn into zombies and rule the universe?
or should the zombies come to earth?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on July 10, 2012
Last Updated on July 31, 2012

Author

Kait
Kait

New York, NY



About
Manhattanite attending FIT with hopes of a bright, lucrative future as a fashion editor. (2013) Life is about accepting the events that shape your character, and ascending over the obstacles. I'd .. more..

Writing
Resiliance Resiliance

A Poem by Kait


Walking Alone Walking Alone

A Poem by Kait