Words On A Lonely Night

Words On A Lonely Night

A Poem by Travie
"

Writing poetry is how I let my feelings out, so here we go.

"
There was a time, 
I used to laugh,
I used to smile,
I used to be free.

There was a time, 
I wasn't broken, 
I wasn't afraid, 
I wasn't desolate.

Suddenly something snapped, 
I let the demons control me,
Now they won't ever let go,
A battle out out of control.

One day this pain, 
It will come to an end, 
It will set me free, 
It will change the world,
Everything will be better.

© 2014 Travie


Author's Note

Travie
Please, comments and critique are welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

IMHO, you grab that steer by the horns and bring it to the ground, brand it, and make it your own. Emotion is the same thing, grab the horns and bring it the heel.

Posted 10 Years Ago


The poem is true. We will change many times in a life. No-one can stand always good. Hard to dance on perfection. Temptation can lead us to dark places. No weakness in the poem. It made me want to write one. That should be the goal of us writers. To create thoughts and love for words. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


I seem to be walking through a maze of emotions today... this deep introspective piece speaks volumes to the soul. One day it will come an end, that I believe ... one day the colors will seep back into view, words will have a beautiful deeper meaning and not be so painful and dark... It is a release and let if flow... until noting is left to say, a verbal purge of the heart... this will have to be my new motto, for it seems like I have been saying it a lot...pen on until there is nothing left!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 18, 2014
Last Updated on April 18, 2014

Author

Travie
Travie

Milton-Freewater, OR



About
I write likeCharles DickensI Write Like. Analyze your writing! I'm just a lost soul, trying to find a purpose in life through the words of a broken heart. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~Sage~ ~Sage~

A Poem by Robbie~xoxo~