Nightmare Come True

Nightmare Come True

A Poem by Travie
"

This poem is based off of something that had happened in my past.

"
I awoke this morning, 
To you in a puddle of blood, 
You broke your promise, 
Saying you wouldn't let go.

The knife laying beside you,
Your wrists had been slit, 
A note on the bedside table, 
Saying, "Baby, I'm sorry."

How dare you do this to me, 
You had told me together forever, 
Now you have left me all alone, 
What will I ever become without you?

Do not fear, my love, 
For I will be with you soon, 
Remember my promise to you, 
When I said, "I will not live without you."

© 2014 Travie


Author's Note

Travie
Please, comments and critique are welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A poem filled with a sad tale with more sadness to come. The poem create vision of blood and regret. I did like ending. A strong statement to end the powerful poetry. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


You are talented. Pen on...:).........................

Posted 10 Years Ago


Travis, this is truly sad...sadder still if the one who narrates this poem fulfills that promise. One lost life should not require the death of another. It will just magnify the grief for all those family members and friends left to mourn your passing. Life is not supposed to be easy. It is supposed to be a challenge, a proving ground for us to go through to earn our place in this afterlife. But, by succumbing to suicide, you seal your fate to an afterlife in hell, which is not helping anyone. Some people are chemically imbalanced and under such tremendous depression they cannot continue. That is tragic and terrible...but by turning their feelings outward to helping others, rather than concentrating on their own unhappiness, they might find joy in the smile and relief they bring to a total stranger, and forget for a moment how terrible their own life is. Let life and serving other people distract you from dwelling on this past tragedy, and know that you will be making a difference in another person's life, you will be giving your own life intense meaning...

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Nyu
This is sad and has that drama of romance that has been carried through so many arts. I like how it is simple, yet very clear and lives as a story.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 18, 2014
Last Updated on April 18, 2014

Author

Travie
Travie

Milton-Freewater, OR



About
I write likeCharles DickensI Write Like. Analyze your writing! I'm just a lost soul, trying to find a purpose in life through the words of a broken heart. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I set out I set out

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson