What Love Is

What Love Is

A Poem by Travie
"

This is a poem about my thoughts on love.

"
What is love?
Some people say it's a beautiful thing, 
Others say it can lead to a life of regret, 
It is one of the most powerful emotions we hold. 

Love is often taken as a misleading, 
One can think he or she is in love, 
When really, all you feel is lust. 
It takes time to distinguish what you really feel.

Love is like a building, 
You lay down the foundation, 
Learn to grow and strengthen the bond, 
Then over time, that bond becomes unbreakable. 

Love is just more than a word or an emotion, 
It is something that we all hold and desire, 
For without love, all that we will have left, 
Is an empty soul and a heart full of sorrow.

© 2014 Travie


Author's Note

Travie
Please, comments and critique are welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am going to watch you, this is just lovely.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Beautiful words 👌..........

Posted 10 Years Ago


i liked it. i agree love is often misunderstood. and then not explored deep enough by many.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like the poem, although it does seem like a speech.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is amazing poem keep up the great work and keep sending me more to read i love reading them

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is pretty. I like the story contained within the poetry and your words hold the power of undeniable truth! Thank you for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Love is very good. Just need the right person. Took me 36 years to find true love. Need two people in the same place with the same desire. Hard to do. Can happen. But writers and Poets, musicians and artist are hard to hold down and control. A very good topic in the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


-and then of course there's obsession. good piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Like pleasure and pain, the referent for the word “love” is a private experience that takes place inside of the brain. It’s just as much a survival trait as pleasure and pain because without love it would have been nearly impossible for the human race to have survived for the last hundred thousand years. It takes such a long time to nurture human children that there needs to be some kind of evolved psychological mechanism to continue to motivate parents to care for their mates and children over the long term. We must also realize that the emotion of love triggers a psychosomatic response in the brain that releases mood changing endorphins that may be addictive. Both to love and to be loved releases these pleasurable mood changing endorphins. It’s impossible to describe in words what love, pleasure, pain, hate, is to someone who has suffered brain damage to the extent that they are incapable of feeling it. Brain chemistry is destiny!

Posted 10 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 20, 2014
Last Updated on April 20, 2014

Author

Travie
Travie

Milton-Freewater, OR



About
I write likeCharles DickensI Write Like. Analyze your writing! I'm just a lost soul, trying to find a purpose in life through the words of a broken heart. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Confide Confide

A Poem by A. Amos