The Objectification Of America

The Objectification Of America

A Story by TravisStraw
"

A discussion on objectification of men & women in America.

"
Objectification is something that a lot of women complain about.  This picture is a satirical view on the subject, and honestly it’s very true.  Women are liberally, and sexually applied to pretty much anything in the interest of sales.  When I say anything, I mean anything.

Many women think this is sexist, and wrong.  On the grounds that women should be treated like equals…or something like that.  I honestly don’t know, because I’m a male.  I see pictures like this, and I think it’s funny. The lengths big business will go to sell a vacuum (or whatever else they want), never ceases to amaze.

However, the every day woman shutters at ads like this one.  The idea of being used to sell an item, makes them feel like one…I think.

Their long standing argument of something like that, just doesn’t ad up to me.  Now, don’t get too defensive too fast (the 3 ladies that read this) just hear me out.

The very same Jane Doe types that complain about this rampant use of female sexuality to sell something, also sell themselves on a regular basis.  Not like a prostitute, although some do, prostitutes are exempt because they don’t uphold the Jane Doe persona.

Jane Doe will spend hours on make up, and picking a suitable sexy (not s****y) dress to go out with.  In hopes that perhaps she may catch the eye of a suitable bachelor.  Wait wait…isn’t that objectifying yourself?

You are trying to be perceived as something that you think men want to see.  A sexy (not s****y) put together, flirty, fun, female, that will sit and watch football or whatever.

Lies upon lies bury who you really are, and then you are surprised later that he doesn’t really know you, but that’s a different article.

The very idea of mating in the human race is objectification to trap the opposite sex into living with you forever.  By whatever means necessary.  Maybe like dressing up in a french maid costume, except not to sell a vacuum, but to instead sell yourself.

Possible arguments against me saying that women are hypocrites when they complain about sexy ads…like this one.

Are that it’s ads like these that shape the women of America, because I honestly don’t know about other social trends like I do America’s.  That perhaps the reason women objectify themselves is because they see women on TV doing it.  Bull honky.

We are animals, so instead of saying there hasn’t always been mass media like there is now.  I’m going to refer to the wild.  

Observe pretty much any damn animal in the world when mating season comes around and boom…liberal objectification for sexual reward.  The funny thing is in the wild, it’s the men that are the beautiful, and smaller of the sex.  For example, the peacock, if you want more look them up, I’m not gonna do all the work!

If the peacock had the cognitive ability to do what we do with mass media, you can bet they’d be using their tale feathers to sell…nests?

 If you can’t tell, I’m okay with objectification.  Not like Hitler turning the jews into rats, or us turning African Americans into three fifths.  Just harmless sexual objectification.  The kind that shows up to the general user, not like any porn, or whatever.  Following?

Part of me thinks that women are more out spoken about these ads because it makes them feel insecure.  I will acknowledge that the women on the ads seem flawless, and physically they are almost always conventionally attractive.  I totally understand, because I feel inadequate too.  Oh, yeah…men are objectified too ladies.

Trust me girls, the guys are in the same boat.  We are just all trying to live in this world of six packs, tight asses, great b***s, and a full head of hair.  Just remember, we are the normal people, and honestly I think a girl that has a personality is WAYYY sexier than a 10 on the physical scale.  

But intellectuals don’t sell vacuums, they just write the commercials.

- T. S. 

© 2014 TravisStraw


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
Added on February 18, 2014
Last Updated on February 18, 2014
Tags: objectification, men, women, america, media

Author

TravisStraw
TravisStraw

CA



Writing
How? How?

A Poem by TravisStraw


Dear Grace Dear Grace

A Story by TravisStraw