Crossing Walker

Crossing Walker

A Story by Beth Shade
"

A tale spun around a boy with the curse of immortality and a girl hosting a demon. They bare powers in a world similar to ours ,but bending what we call "physics".

"

Beauty is a beast that lurks under the skin of a mortal. The flesh will lie like a bear skin rug without the decorative touch it holds. The flesh of Simon Walker was no exception. That calico haired male was someone to be wary of, and even the blind could tell from his walk. He was known for many things -his luck, his smile, his mismatched eyes, his hair, his wealth- and none of which were to be underestimated. Simon Walker went by many names: Neon Magician, Calico, Lucky, Prince of Vegas, Richie Rich. He wore each with a sort of expression that made you wonder if he truly liked the names or hated them. Simon Walker was a free spirited klutz that could gamble the night away or spend all afternoon on his hair. Still, the question always lingered in my throat, who really was my brother?

    We were drawn together by a serious of mysterious events. We needed each other and knew it when our eyes met. Back then, he was a poor boy who’d been out casted by society, and I was merely made an orphan. Simon Walker had introduced himself as an asylum escapee looking for a place to hide; while I introduced myself as a girl looking for a reason to live. We were children then, and I don’t believe much has changed.

    Though the answer to my question may seem simple to most, I feel it cannot be. Simon James Walker was a questioning person who could spend hours on the piano or waste away thinking about the meaning of life. When angered, his normally disheveled hair would lay flat, as if straight ironed, and his mismatched eyes would turn green. At times like this he claimed a different voice followed by a different name. He ask me what felt like bazar questions and give an unchanging speech to the walls that went something like this:

Did you know Shiro meant white? It means white like daisies, and doves, and clouds, and teeth. White is also the color of hospital walls, and floors, and gowns. My name is Shiro, but I am not white anymore. And that is why I hate people like you!

    There had been other times that I encountered the creature who called himself Shiro. At times of darkness or when Simon would become sorrowful the creature would arise again. His presence became unwelcome in our household as the persona had a tendency of becoming violent. He attacked our guardian on several occasions ,and would only calm when Simon’s lawyer spoke to him.

    Was my brother Simon or this figure that arises when he’s angered? I asked him that many times and, all the while, I received the same answer: sometimes I’m not even sure. Unable to lie, I must admit, that answer always scared me. While Simon had always been a cheery person, this other entity was the entire opposite. It drove Simon to isolate himself and lash out randomly. I had theorized that maybe they were one in the same, but I clung to the hope they weren’t. Who really is Simon James Walker?


© 2015 Beth Shade


Author's Note

Beth Shade
This isn't finished ,but reviews help. I'm new here so I'm still learning the ropes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on January 11, 2015
Last Updated on January 11, 2015
Tags: insanity, hope, faith, finding me, finding us, smile, pray, demon, lost, found, shizophrenia, who am I, out casts, out casted, school, teens, immortal, fantasy, ice, lightning, rape, asylum, white

Author

Beth Shade
Beth Shade

Somewhere, LA



About
I am the traveling shade and I tend to write darker stories, with my morbid-ish characters, while trying to learn how to improve my skills. Critiques are wanted, promise not to complain^^ and eventual.. more..

Writing