humanity be damned

humanity be damned

A Story by t
"

what have we done?

"

For the time being let’s focus on the deserted. The forgotten citizen that carries no privilege. The abandoned human that bears no hope. The omitted soul that shoulders no future. 

Because most of you haven’t contemplated this character, perhaps ever. 


As a privileged citizen, I grow increasingly repulsed by the exponentially growing acceptance of Segregation. 


The Segregation in this country is more than race. It is more than gender. It has grown into a disease of Humanity. The lines that separate social classes have erupted into concrete walls. 


How can we continue to devour luxuries at the expense of the necessities of our neighbors? How can we fight against the acquisition of health and education for all? How can we deny someone the Help that they need, just because we don’t need it? Not only do we turn a blind eye to the struggles of another, but we Alienate them for it.  


Merriam-Webster defines patriotism as love for or devotion to one’s country. It is safe to assume then, that the goal of a patriot, is centered around the ascension of that country’s condition. Not in comparison to another country, but in comparison to Yesterday. 


There should be no asterisk inserted. No citizen exempted. No class excluded.  


A country that seeks the betterment of a specific cohort of citizens while excluding others is no country of mine. A country that believes Health and Education to be privileges is no country of mine.


You are on an unforgivable path. Beyond the limits to a point of no return. Your destructive materialism and greed will continue to morph from impression, to blemish, to stain. 


How could you?

© 2017 t


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on January 13, 2017
Last Updated on January 30, 2017
Tags: #humanity #nohope #equality #equ

Author

t
t

GA



About
I am anywhere, I am nowhere; I am silent, hear me roar; I am invisible, see me shine; I am tormented, until I heal; I am awake, until I dream; I am irrelevant, until I speak. more..

Writing
lessons lessons

A Story by t


somber somber

A Poem by t